Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By civicnation93
#88327 So I'm gonna be doing a Rear disc conv on me 93 dx hatch, the donor parts came off a 96 LS Teg which is ABS, for ya'll that alrdy know I have non-abs ...Question is :

Do I need to swap non-abs calipers onto the new set up? I know I can get the calipers off of 94-01 RS Tegs and 92-93 Si's... etc.

Question #2: Concerning the 40/40 proportioning valve, where can I purchase one?

Any help ya'll can be would be greatly appreciated!! :D
By TurboHatch
#88335 when i did the rear disk swap on my 93 dx i used the 99 SI set up and was told by the expert at fastbrakes.com that changing the prop valve was not needed so i did not do it and my brakes work perfect. I would imagine that the integra rear brakes would be the same.
By civicnation93
#88340 Ok ive heard that the prop valve isnt required unless ur doin heavy duty track driving... When you did the swap off 99 Si, did you need to change the calipers though? I know it must've had ABS calipers that came with?? Im really trying to figure out if im gonna be forced to drop another $100+ for non abs calipers or just use the ones that came with...sooo confused ><

Edit: The calipers on new set are 7CLP13S "R3"
By TurboHatch
#88401 My EG is a DX so i had drums on the back so i used every thing from the Si.
By civicnation93
#88502 Outstanding!!! :D kinda got this somewhat figured out last night but the uncertainty was drivin me bat shit, thanks for the help gents, now to wait for new suspension before i can even slap these bad boys on
By BLACKS' COUPE
#88971 so in other words it doesn't matter that you didn't have ABS and got the replacements with ABS? They will still work fine?
By ej2rey
BLACKS' COUPE wrote:so in other words it doesn't matter that you didn't have ABS and got the replacements with ABS? They will still work fine?

Yes it does work fine.
By BLaCkSiLo
#89192 are you getting the whole trailing arm assembly off the teg? i just converted my coupe using all integra parts, the ABS is just a wire coming out of the caliper that i just cut off cause we don't have ABS...

i also switched out the 3030 prop valve with a 4040 that i purchased on ebay for like $30....

i set this all up and HATED the way the brake pedal felt because it almost sunk to the floor everytime i wanted to stop with the stock 13/16 setup... so i also bought a BB/MC (15/16) off of ebay that came out of a JDM civic so the lines bolted right up and the booster fit.

the only thing is that your probably going to need an alignment at the very end or at least that's what i need now........ maybe i'm wrong?

anyway, i would change out all three components if i were you :thumb:
By civicnation93
#89808 Yeah we have the entire assembly, heard that the stock prop valve would work fine but would usually have that kind of feel to the brakes...so yeh was thinking bout upgrading as well to 4040, most def...