Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By SuperTuner12010
#85358 Hey guys whats up, Im foing a wire tuck and shaving the bay, Iv seen that some people are able to re route the brake lines and the porportioning valve right behind the dash.

I wanted to know how you guys do it, it appears that its the stock lines? Thanks a bunch.
Derek
By SuperTuner12010
#85361 I found a thread on here after a good while of searching. I see that you can possibly reuse the rear lines, but front must be custom.

Now when making the new lines, do they have to be the same length? And are hard lines better or are stainless better? LIke I read stainless tweaks more under pressure.
By teal_dx
SuperTuner12010 wrote:I found a thread on here after a good while of searching. I see that you can possibly reuse the rear lines, but front must be custom.

Now when making the new lines, do they have to be the same length? And are hard lines better or are stainless better? LIke I read stainless tweaks more under pressure.

They do not have to be the same length to work properly. It is actually the fluid in the lines which moves the same amount on both sides, regardless of the tube length. The longer tube will just have more fluid to make up for the longer length.
Hard lines are better for performance as they do not flex. Stainless Braided will slightly flex under hard braking. For a car that will see hard or track driving, hard lines. If it is more of a show car then stainless will be fine.
By SuperTuner12010
#85367 I was also thinking if your trying to hide the lines, the stainless would cathc your eye to what your trying to hide?

Thanks for the help? Im going to start doing this, autozone has the pipe benders needed right? And are the lines sold straight and solid or rolled?
By teal_dx
#85369 stainless is only easier because you don't have to bend them. either one is still gong to be noticable but hard will have less bling.

Autozone or Napa is where I got my pipes, the ends were already flared & had the fittings and they came in different lengths.
The pipes came in straight pieces, didn't see any rolled for sale. They take a little work to bend with the pipe bender.
By SuperTuner12010
#85370 Alright thanks alot, im going to have to run to autozone tomorrow...Trying to get everything ready for my H22.
By SuperTuner12010
#89456 How to you measure the size? You wouldnt happen to remember what length lines you used ^^^ or anyone for that matter...Thanks alot...
By zeppelin101
#89458 A garage will be able to cut you some lines to the right size if you tell them what car it's for.