Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By teal_dx
#84999 no, but it is a pretty standard procedure.

1. car on jackstands.
2. remove wheels.
3. unbolt the brake line brackets from the arm.
4. unbolt the caliper from the back (2 bolts).
5. support the caliper (don't let it hang & put weight on the brake line)
6. unscrew or drill out the 2 screws holding the rotor on.
7. remove rotor & replace with new. no need to put the 2 screws back on.
8. use a big C clamp & compress the pads back in the caliper as far as they will go.
9. pull out old brake pads from caliper
10. put some of that anti squeak gel on the back of the new pads where they contact the caliper and put them in.
11. put the caliper back on & brake line brackets back on.

might need a big breaker bar to loosen the 2 caliper bolts, they are tight!
By blockustomz
#85006 nice teal but a few things
teal_dx wrote:no, but it is a pretty standard procedure.

1. car on jackstands.
2. remove wheels.
3. unbolt the brake line brackets from the arm.
4. unbolt the caliper from the back (2 bolts).
5. support the caliper (don't let it hang & put weight on the brake line)
6. **unscrew or drill out the 2 screws holding the rotor on.
(**use a impact screwdriver if bolts dont move. always works, get it at sears. or heat it up)
7. remove rotor & replace with new. no need to put the 2 screws back on.
8. use a big C clamp & compress the pads back in the caliper as far as they will go.
(** c clamp works but there is a tool at sears that is made for it and do it slow dont push it fast)
9. pull out old brake pads from caliper
10. put some of that anti squeak gel on the back of the new pads where they contact the caliper and put them in.
11. put the caliper back on & brake line brackets back on.

12.* push on brake pedal half way intill it gets hard.

might need a big breaker bar to loosen the 2 caliper bolts, they are tight!
By hatchin06
#85041 thanks guys.
By BLACKS' COUPE
#85052 Good Info, but dont you need the two bolts that hold it in place? just wondernig. :?
By hatchin06
#85063 I think he was saying like as soon as you take them off, install your new piece immediatly so you dont have to put the screws back on and then take it off again to put the part on. make sence? that is if thats what he is saying lol
By blockustomz
#85074 also makes it alot easier to put the caliper on.. honda ownz! :woot:
By 89ssgti
#85294 for those that like to have pictures here are the pics from one time I did the brakes on my car,don't mind the text it's in french(I posted this on another forum)
ALors ceci est un hot-to pour remplacer les freins avant comme le titre l'indique.

First on voit les disques pas trop chauffé :non:

Préparation a lever le véhicule

going up

les chandelles pour la sécurité,ne jamaisaller sous une auto supportée seulement pas le jack :non:

une fois la roue enlever on voit le disques de plus près :censored:

ensuite on enlève l'étrier pour pouvoir sortir les plaquettes

ensuite on enlève la braquette qui supporte les plaquettes

après on repousse le piston de l'étrier,sinon les nouvelles plaquettes ne passeront pas :doh

COmme ça on est prêt a remonter avec les pièces neuves :thumbs:

comparaison des nouvelles vs les vieux pads
une fois remonter ça devrait ressembler a ça

Et pour finir on remet la roue et on serre au couple requis :thumbs:

Ensuite il ne reste qu'a faire le bed in selon les recommandation du manufacturier des plaquettes :oui:
By suspendedHatch
#85333 Don't forget brake cleaner, anti-seize, and lube.
By smokinsoljah420
teal_dx wrote: 4. unbolt the caliper from the back (2 bolts).

um so im guessing its bad i only have one on each? on my cx the top one (or where its supposed to be) is only a sleeve like thing. plus theres no spot for a bolt and nut. am i just retarted here? ill take a picture tommorow just in case you guys need it.
By blockustomz
smokinsoljah420 wrote:
teal_dx wrote: 4. unbolt the caliper from the back (2 bolts).

um so im guessing its bad i only have one on each? on my cx the top one (or where its supposed to be) is only a sleeve like thing. plus theres no spot for a bolt and nut. am i just retarted here? ill take a picture tommorow just in case you guys need it.

this doesnt sound good.. take pics try not to drive far..
By smokinsoljah420
#105298 :lol: ive been driving it like this since ive gotten it. didnt even think twice about it. it does look like its supposed to be like that though.
By blockustomz
#105302 not saying u cant get luck and drive fine but if that 1 bolt snaps under hard braking say good by to that hatch.. just looking out.. but post picz asap
By i8umup
blockustomz wrote:not saying u cant get luck and drive fine but if that 1 bolt snaps under hard braking say good by to that hatch.. just looking out.. but post picz asap

yes this actualy happened to me in my work truck it was a 99 f150 and the shop forgot to put the second bolt in on the passanger side caliper so im drivin down the road and hit the brakes hard the caliper flew off the roter and smacked my rim put a hole right in that bad boy so i got to sit on the side of the road for a good hour and a half waitin on a roll back cause u all know real men dont carry spares :lol: :lol: so yes i would put a bolt in there asap