Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By hatchin06
#84717 I see a lot of civics with rear disc brakes? I know that they would be nice to have but isn't your rear brakes only for your e-brake or am I way off?
By ej2rey
hatchin06 wrote:I see a lot of civics with rear disc brakes? I know that they would be nice to have but isn't your rear brakes only for your e-brake or am I way off?

No brotha.
Rear brakes are functional everytime you hit the brake pedal aswell and also work with the ebrake.
Even with drums you still give pressure everytime you press on the brakes.

Master cylinder holds tha fluid, you press on the brakes, sends fluid to the proportion valve which runs lines to your front and REAR brakes no matter if you have rear disc brake or drums.
By hatchin06
#84723 so if i bought a set of rotors for the rear is that possible instead of doing a gsr rear disc conversion?
By ej2rey
hatchin06 wrote:so if i bought a set of rotors for the rear is that possible instead of doing a gsr rear disc conversion?

Nope, that won't work. The drum and rear disc are totaly different.

What you can do is press out the whole spindle and press in one that holds a disc set up. Then buy all the parts you need to for disc.

but I don't see the point on all that work when you can just head to the junkyard a find yourself an ls with the complete rear disc set up for about 100-150 max.
By hatchin06
#84726 true thanks.
By sneepereg
ej2rey wrote:
hatchin06 wrote:so if i bought a set of rotors for the rear is that possible instead of doing a gsr rear disc conversion?

Nope, that won't work. The drum and rear disc are totaly different.

What you can do is press out the whole spindle and press in one that holds a disc set up. Then buy all the parts you need to for disc.

but I don't see the point on all that work when you can just head to the junkyard a find yourself an ls with the complete rear disc set up for about 100-150 max.

i have a 95 civic ex (ej1) is there a sertine year ls rear brakes i have to get or will any year work
By ej2rey
sneepereg wrote:i have a 95 civic ex (ej1) is there a sertine year ls rear brakes i have to get or will any year work

Any integra rear disc will work. Rs, ls, and gsr...any year aswell they are all the same.
By sneepereg
ej2rey wrote:
sneepereg wrote:i have a 95 civic ex (ej1) is there a sertine year ls rear brakes i have to get or will any year work

Any integra rear disc will work. Rs, ls, and gsr...any year aswell they are all the same.

i i dont need the control arms right?
By ej2rey
sneepereg wrote:i i dont need the control arms right?

You can use them but you don't have to. You can use yours. Eg, da and dc lca's are the same.
By ej2rey
#84916 No problem...