Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By BLACKS' COUPE
#84692 I just have a quick question in regards to the donor cars the rear brakes can come off from. I've seen alot of LS' models at the junkyard and they all have rear breaks and was wondering if they would fit the coupes. i tried researching but everyone usually uses the GSR rear breaks, or the si breaks but i am having a hard time finding these at local yunkyards and people that are selling them want an eye for them.. lol

Thanks to all
By smokinsoljah420
#84695 :thumb: pretty sure you can use del sol rears!
By BLACKS' COUPE
#84700 but can you use the LS ones? I have yet to come across any Del Sol ones.. but thanks though.. :D
By ej2rey
#84713 You should've searched the site a bit b4 posting.
This question is been answered already plenty of times.

yes you can use the ls complete rear disc set up.
Its a straight bolt on for the coupe or hatch.

You can also use the del sol, si hatch or sum 95 ex coupe came with them stock. But all these are hard to find.

Best bet is from the ls.
I got my complete front and rear disc set up from an ls at the junkyard. No modifications just straight bolt on.
By smokinsoljah420
#84733 Damnit i knew i shouldve yanked those del sol rear from the junkers! I betcha theyre still there! lol
By ej2rey
smokinsoljah420 wrote:Damnit i knew i shouldve yanked those del sol rear from the junkers! I betcha theyre still there! lol

The thing bout getting the del sols is that you still need the ls ebrake cable.
By xswingkidx
#88239 I found 3 LS integras at the yard over the weekend but didn't have the money. Hopefully they will still be there next weekend so I can get rid of the rear drums on my coupe.
By ej2rey
xswingkidx wrote:I found 3 LS integras at the yard over the weekend but didn't have the money. Hopefully they will still be there next weekend so I can get rid of the rear drums on my coupe.

Yeah man the junkyard is the best place to get the rear disc set up.

I recommend that while you're there and ready to get them you upgrade the front brakes as well.
By xswingkidx
ej2rey wrote:
xswingkidx wrote:I found 3 LS integras at the yard over the weekend but didn't have the money. Hopefully they will still be there next weekend so I can get rid of the rear drums on my coupe.

I recommend that while you're there and ready to get them you upgrade the front brakes as well.

Good call. Unfortunately I'll have to wait and see what the prices are like and go from there.
By BLACKS' COUPE
ej2rey wrote:

what would be needed to upgrade? calipers, rotors, brake lines, etc...?

thanks in advance.
By zeppelin101
#88471 You'll need the entire front hub.

You will need longer brakes lines as well, I'd advised getting braided ones purely because they definitely won't be stretched as mine are currently (although not much). If you don't get longer brake lines and just run the original ones you'll be getting rid of mounts along it which I personally wouldn't want to do as you'll introduce more flex in the line when you brake.
By ej2rey
BLACKS' COUPE wrote:what would be needed to upgrade? calipers, rotors, brake lines, etc...?

thanks in advance.

For the front all you will need from the ls would be the spindle, rotor and caliper assembly. No need for upper, lower control arms nor brake line. You can use your own.

For the rear you will need the the complete trailing arm assembly with rotor and calipers and the e-brake cables. No need for the lower control arms you can use your own aswell.
Also get the proportion valve for the ls aswell, if it still has it. They usually don't.
By BLACKS' COUPE
ej2rey wrote:
BLACKS' COUPE wrote:what would be needed to upgrade? calipers, rotors, brake lines, etc...?

thanks in advance.

For the front all you will need from the ls would be the spindle, rotor and caliper assembly. No need for upper, lower control arms nor brake line. You can use your own.

For the rear you will need the the complete trailing arm assembly with rotor and calipers and the e-brake cables. No need for the lower control arms you can use your own aswell.
Also get the proportion valve for the ls aswell, if it still has it. They usually don't.

and would that be the 40/40 proportioning valve by any chance? and thanks to both that responded. :thumb:
By ej2rey
If you don't get longer brake lines and just run the original ones you'll be getting rid of mounts along it which I personally wouldn't want to do as you'll introduce more flex in the line when you brake.

Since when? You don't get any extra travel when doing this swap. I got my front and rear set up from a 93 da and used my stock lines and control arms and my lines don't stretch. If you're going to want more braking power then ss braided lines are great but just to do a stock swap you don't need to replace them.

BLACKS' COUPE wrote:and would that be the 40/40 proportioning valve by any chance? and thanks to both that responded. :thumb:

Yes sir 40/40
By zeppelin101
ej2rey wrote:Since when? You don't get any extra travel when doing this swap. I got my front and rear set up from a 93 da and used my stock lines and control arms and my lines don't stretch. If you're going to want more braking power then ss braided lines are great but just to do a stock swap you don't need to replace them.

Since I put 262mm brakes on my car, with the standard brakes lines and saw just how tight the lines were at any reasonable amount of lock.

I'm not talking out of my arse here I have actually looked into it somewhat, I don't come on here and say stuff for the fun of it.