Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By zeppelin101
#82439 Loaded with questions tbh lol

I was trying to get the old discs off the VTi hubs I've picked up, but the 2 little screws holding it to the hub are stuck fast and won't shift even a little even after applying heat and a LOT of penetrating oil.

I'm wondering if I could just drill the heads of the screws out and not bother using them in future and having the disc secured with just the wheel nuts / wheel etc, is this ok? I don't want to just run in, do it, and discover I've completely fucked something up lol
By marvinp8700
Graham wrote:Use an impact screwdriver, if that fails, drill it out!

yep
By zeppelin101
#82444 So I don't need the screws then? I'm getting an impact driver anyway as it'll probably come in handy elsewhere but I'm tempted to just drill the heads off anyway and just leave them supported on the calliper and wheel nuts, seems like an easy solution lol
By Graham
#82499 You dont need to use the retaining screws, but better to try and get them out than drill them. Impact driver should get them off no bother
By indie2.0
#82855 i dont have the screws on any of my rotors. its not a big deal. it just keeps the rotors from falling off if you remove the tire.