Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By mckoy
#77768 Hey guys... just bought rear disc converion for my 93 ex coupe... The guy I bought the part had told me that i dont really need to replace my brake master cylinder or propotioning valve.. any thoughts on that... I be intalling them tomorrow... need to know it it will work with the stock Master cylinder and proportioning valve..
By sdots
#77777 Hi, I was always told I needed the MC and PV but somebody on here told me other wise, so yes it will work without the two parts fine. just make sure u have the rear brake hoses
By Graham
#77781 You dont NEED them, will work fine with your standard stuff, its a good idea to upgrade but not a necessity
By mckoy
#77789 thanks for the info.. i'll get started then.. thanks a lot
By mckoy
#77899 [quote="mckoy"]thanks for the info.. i'll get started then.. thanks a lot-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So i got started the next day and to find out that one caliper bracket was missing and one brake line is missing....I poppped out the trailing arm bushing and tried to install an oem civic or integra trailing arm bushing and the new bushing was smaller in diameter..That puzzles me...my parts department check with acura dept and found out that 90 to 92 integra trailing arm bushings have different part #...So i ordered those, hoping they are the right one together with 2 brake lines and already found used calliper. Acura does not sell the bracket alone.. they sell the whole calliper assembley..
By zeppelin101
#80793 Are you sure you don't need the 15/16th MC? I've picked up full EG6 suspension to bundle into my EG3 at a ridiculously cheap price so I'll be swapping to the bigger rotors up front and the rear discs as well.

Problem I've got is my car is non-ABS and I don't want to be swapping the lines about and reflaring if I get the MC off an ABS equipped car as I believe they are different. I'm not sure which cars have the 15/16th MC I could use that are available over here in the UK and I want to get the MC and prop valve anyway just to be on the safe side.

Any ideas where I might be able to pinch a non-ABS 15/16th MC from?
By ej2rey
zeppelin101 wrote:Are you sure you don't need the 15/16th MC? I've picked up full EG6 suspension to bundle into my EG3 at a ridiculously cheap price so I'll be swapping to the bigger rotors up front and the rear discs as well.

Problem I've got is my car is non-ABS and I don't want to be swapping the lines about and reflaring if I get the MC off an ABS equipped car as I believe they are different. I'm not sure which cars have the 15/16th MC I could use that are available over here in the UK and I want to get the MC and prop valve anyway just to be on the safe side.

Any ideas where I might be able to pinch a non-ABS 15/16th MC from?

whoa! u just highjacked sum1 else threat lol.
anyways, u dont need master cylinder u can use your stock. n its not a must but its good to get a proportion valve. none abs of coarse.
By zeppelin101
#80821 I did :thumbdown: but no point littering the place with millions of new threads and this wasn't that old :lol:

I just need to know if there were any cars in the UK I can pinch bits off that didn't have ABS but did have the 15/16th MC. I know the '91 EX saloon in the US did but I'm not sure which that equates to over here, maybe the ESi? I'm fairly sure that came with ABS though...
By Graham
#80889 Doesnt matter if the master cylinder is off an ABS car or not - mines off an Integra Type R that had ABS, my car doesnt have ABS though. Its only the proportioning valve that matters, it HAS to be off a non ABS car in your case
By zeppelin101
#80892 Won't I have to reflare and rebend all the lines though? I can't really be bothered to do that as well lol I'd prefer to just have plug and play kit at this stage
By Greasedmonkey
#80915 I know if I get the ITR 1 incher, I just have to rebend the lines to go into the new MC. thats easy as shit. Nothing to complain about for the increase in performance.