Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By xlr8
#73523 I am currently devising my list for my suspension/ brake upgrade. I have been doing quite a bit of searching and I am still a little confused.

I will be swapping to 94-01 Integra brakes. But I am confused about which suspension parts to use. I know I need the caliper & brackets, hub, spindle and lines.....But I don't know if I need the upper or lower control arms from the integra or if my civic ones work? I have read uppers and I have read lowers too......I am a little confused.

I was planning to use the 91 Civic Ex MC. Is there much benefit in going with integra MC and booster (non-abs of course)?

Thanks for your help!
By Classiccarsrule85
#73525 Well to answer your last question there is since integra brake master cyl is a little bigger however goodluck finding one since they only came on Rs tegs (for non-abs) I came across one but a friend of mine sold it with the car instead of parting out the car....

The benifit of the 91 ex mc is that it will bolt up to your existing mc instead of popping out the whole thing you only need 2 bolts.

And the other question

I am doing the same swap and have that stuff and i also bought the upper control arms though i dont know if you need them or not I can tell you you dont need to use the lower control arms since they are the same with eg's though people use them to upgrade their rear sways or upgrade to have rear sways....

And in your list im sure you have them the Trailing arms are needed
By xlr8
#73534 Thanks. I guess my questions were aimed more towards the front. I will of course get the trailing arm for the rear, and the control arm for I have a DX and will be adding a sway bar. I read on this forum that suspension parts on our EG's are completely swappable with the 94-01 Integra's. This would lead me to believe that I wouldn't have to have either, for the spindle to bolt up correctly. However, I may get them. I will be doing poly bushings and it will be much faster to do them all on the new parts, and just swap them in. I will have to look at the bushing part numbers to see if they are the same.

As far as the MC, I am stuck. I may just go with a RS setup for better pedal feel. I would buy the MC new from www.rockauto.com and outsource the Booster, it's a little pricey new.

Thanks.
By Greasedmonkey
#73542 YOu do not need the upper or lower control arms when swapping over to the teg brakes.
By xlr8
#73614 Thank you very much.
By xlr8
Greasedmonkey wrote:YOu do not need the upper or lower control arms when swapping over to the teg brakes.

Thanks for all your help. I am getting a good grasp on everything now. Honda-tech has alot of good info on this topic too.
By Greasedmonkey
#74991 The BEST MC and BB to get to fit on your car would be the ITR units. They will bolt on with no problems, Just have to rebend the lines going to the MC. IT is the ONLY 1" MC. GSR and LS are not a 1" MC they are 15/16th.
By xlr8
#75003 Thanks.....I thought all Tegs were 1". Well, I am not sure which one to get. The RS is proving pretty hard to find....the ITR is pretty expensive... I guess I will get whichever one I can find the easiest and cheapest.

Thanks
By Graham
#75023 Not all type r ones are 1" though - 98 spec jdm ones are and UK type r's are, but 96 - 98 jdm type r's are 15/16ths
By Greasedmonkey
Graham wrote:Not all type r ones are 1" though - 98 spec jdm ones are and UK type r's are, but 96 - 98 jdm type r's are 15/16ths

Yes you are right.

PasswordJDM, or one of those JDM sites has a MC and BB for like $70 bucks.

If you want a bigger MC that will just bolt right on to your car with NO, Read that ABSOLUTLY NO mods needed, go get one from a 91 EX Sedan. Its a 15/16ths just like the TEgs and you wont need line bending or BB swaping or anything.
By xlr8
#75621 I was thinking of the Civic one....Does the Integra booster make that much of a difference? The only thing stopping me from getting the Civic 15/16 is not knowing how much better it would be with the Integra booster.

Thanks
By Greasedmonkey
#75633 teg booster will only work with a teg master cylinder.
By xlr8
Greasedmonkey wrote:teg booster will only work with a teg master cylinder.

Correct. But is it worth it to upgrade the booster with the Integra setup or just get the 15/16 Civic one. Wondering how much of a difference it would really make?

Anyone felt both?

Thanks
By Greasedmonkey
#75679 I have two with the stock BB and MC. One car has the GSR front brakes and the other has stock. Both work the same as far as pedal feel.

The only other bb and MC i have felt is the ITR 1" with the GSR fronts and rears. the pedal feel was better and seemed to stop the car better too.

Its a great upgrade if you can get it.
By xlr8
Greasedmonkey wrote:I have two with the stock BB and MC. One car has the GSR front brakes and the other has stock. Both work the same as far as pedal feel.

The only other bb and MC i have felt is the ITR 1" with the GSR fronts and rears. the pedal feel was better and seemed to stop the car better too.

Its a great upgrade if you can get it.

That is what I was looking for. Thanks! The search begins!....LOL