Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Eli'sEG94
#66954 I've tried reading most of the threads and even the DYI Big brake kit thread but i'm still sorta lost. My brakes are starting to act up and I just want to to replace them for something a little better if possible a little bigger as I recently swapped my engine and began to go a little faster :P So I need more stopping power. But to be quite honest with you im' a lost of where to start collecting parts.

I know I need the following but dunno where to get them from (chassis or what ever)

Brake Master Cylinder

Brake Booster

Brake Caliper

Brake Lines

Brake Disk

Brake Pads

If anyone could just shine a little light on which parts I could use from which car I would greatly appreciate it.

My Car is an EJ1 1994 Honda Civic EX Manual Trans.
By Greasedmonkey
#67004 Get the front brakes off a GSR 94+. Everything. SPindle, hub, rotor, calipur, brackets lines and what not. Whether you will use it or not, just to make sure you have a complete swap. Then you need to get a Master cylinder from a 91 civic EX. It will bolt right on and its bigger than your stock one. You do not need a new brake booster or proportioning valve with just a front brake swap. If you get the rear disc brakes you will want to get the proportioning valve from a NON abs car with rear discs. I.E. 92-95 Civic Si.
By sdots
Eli'sEG94 wrote:I've tried reading most of the threads and even the DYI Big brake kit thread but i'm still sorta lost. My brakes are starting to act up and I just want to to replace them for something a little better if possible a little bigger as I recently swapped my engine and began to go a little faster :P So I need more stopping power. But to be quite honest with you im' a lost of where to start collecting parts.

I know I need the following but dunno where to get them from (chassis or what ever)

Brake Master Cylinder

Brake Booster

Brake Caliper

Brake Lines

Brake Disk

Brake Pads

If anyone could just shine a little light on which parts I could use from which car I would greatly appreciate it.

My Car is an EJ1 1994 Honda Civic EX Manual Trans.

Dude what motor have you swapped in? I know you've mentioned it in a topic somewhere but I'm too lazy to search lol Might give us a better idea of sort of minimal stopping power your going to need and the best results for the power output at the wheels.
By Eli'sEG94
#67041 My Bad I though I had put it in , i'm running a Crappy tuned LS\VTEC and even then sometimes I get scared. Not like I drive like an idiot, I just like to speed a little more than normal, let's call it 80mph, just cruising, and some weekend spirited driving. Thanks for the input guys.
By mage182
Eli'sEG94 wrote:My Bad I though I had put it in , i'm running a Crappy tuned LS\VTEC and even then sometimes I get scared. Not like I drive like an idiot, I just like to speed a little more than normal, let's call it 80mph, just cruising, and some weekend spirited driving. Thanks for the input guys.

PM'd
By Eli'sEG94
#67055 thanks man, but dunno if that's for me yet, like said its my first brake upgrade, dunno if I wanna step it up big big time yet. I'll see how these GSR's feel then I'll go from there, plus I want this to be a learning process. :)
By sdots
Eli'sEG94 wrote:thanks man, but dunno if that's for me yet, like said its my first brake upgrade, dunno if I wanna step it up big big time yet. I'll see how these GSR's feel then I'll go from there, plus I want this to be a learning process. :)

Yup, go for the GSR's and ensure you use quality pads. I use EBC Greenstuff here and it works like magic lol so much better, yet to feel any brake fade. should be enough stopping power for you if your only doing 80mph. I used to stop with my stock brakes doing that sort of speed. :)
By Eli'sEG94
#67066 Thanks not saying it's the only sort of speed I got, but did not want to sound like a jackass saying that I randomly do 110+ MPH when no one is around just to strech my cars and my legs. It sorta sucks knowing you have that power there and letting it sit going to waste. :P
By sdots
Eli'sEG94 wrote:Thanks not saying it's the only sort of speed I got, but did not want to sound like a jackass saying that I randomly do 110+ MPH when no one is around just to strech my cars and my legs. It sorta sucks knowing you have that power there and letting it sit going to waste. :P

Oh that's fine dude, I openly confess I do 120 MPH+ on the motorway/freeway lol I don't like going slow at all and going fast is my adrenaline :D But yeh, the GSR swap will be more than adequate enough to stop you within a safe distance in good time. I know people just say slap this on and your away, but all depends on what you need the braking power for, race, street/race etc and obviously depending on how much power you have at the wheels :) LS/VTEC shouldn't require more than a GSR swap though. Should be more than enough, just need to press on the brake pedal slightly harder at times?!?