Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By ZEQU
#66702 HI all

Forgot to mention, this is a 92 hb d15b7 pretty much all stock.

I'm having problems with my right front brake. A few weeks ago I changed pads and rotors and that's when it started.

After a few minutes of driving, it starts to stick (grab). When I press hard down on the pedal, the pads seem to loosen up a bit for a few seconds, and then they start to drag again.

Thought it might be a bad caliper binding up seeing as it's a 92, but I changed it and it’s still doing it.

I would like some assistance in diagnosing the problem so I can figure out if it's the brake hose, the hard lines the prop valve or the MC.

Pads and discs are new. Right caliper is a rebuilt jobber.

I'll jack the back left wheel to see if the drum is adjusted properly.

Thanks.
By ZEQU
#66735 If it's in neutral and i just pushed down hard on the brake pedal it's not hard to push.

when i jacked the back wheels they turned fine. minuscule drag on the back driver wheel so i backed off the adjustment screw.

Only front passenger (right) seems to drag when jacked, hard to turn.

I didn't check the front left.

Forgot to mention it's an automatic. OMFG!

I'm thinking it's the hose.
By ZEQU
#66799 I should have been more specific.

The right front wheel starts dragging when it warms up.

If I am stopped in traffic and press hard on pedal, I can feel that the pads loosen abit.

Once I start driving again, after a few seconds the drag comes back.

First thing in the morning when the car is cold there is no dragging on that wheel.

I bled the system with a MityVac, but maybe I goofed it. Could there be air in the system
that expands when it warms up? Does brake fluid expand when it warms up?

Really love this car and it runs pretty good for a 240K. If I had a garage, it'd be up on
jackstands most of the time! :D

Thanks guys! First time poster but long time reader. Zeq
By teal_dx
#66890 it makes sense it would expand when warmed up, but I don't know why only the right front is dragging :?
If it were both fronts I would say to adjust your brake pedal out a little to relieve the pressure.
By Greasedmonkey
#67005 I had a problem similar to that a while back, it turned out that my master cylender was bad. After I replaced it and blead the system it was all good.