Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By JDMpatten
#64249 New to the site, got a 1995 eg civic 1.5 vei. just need to know what break sizes the discs are on the front? iv been told there are two sizes. 240mm or 262mm. Anyone who could help would be very greatful.
By Greasedmonkey
#64265 Unless you have the SIR you have the 240mm brakes. They 262mm are only on the SIRs with the B16a motors.
By jmsplitfyre
#64297 Nice, good info. So our Eg's have the stock 240mm disc brakes? Sweet! I'm getting some drilled discs. :hehe:
By Greasedmonkey
#64310 Drilled discs really arent that great. They are more prone to cracking than the slotted. I would suggest if you just do street, or ever street with some track driving to just get the slotted.
By Ecc0
#64311 Upgrade to the vti/sir hubs and disks then put on the drilled disks it will save having to dso it later specially if your planning any kind of power uogrades :wink:

ps welcome to the site
By BADD EGG
Greasedmonkey wrote:Unless you have the SIR you have the 240mm brakes. They 262mm are only on the SIRs with the B16a motors.

agreed I have seen it happen.
By jmsplitfyre
Greasedmonkey wrote:Drilled discs really arent that great. They are more prone to cracking than the slotted. I would suggest if you just do street, or ever street with some track driving to just get the slotted.

Thanks, GreasedMonkey! :woot:
Last edited by jmsplitfyre on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Graham
#64375 Here our Esi model sometimes has 262mm front brakes and rear discs aswell, was only the models with ABS though. Non-abs Esi's are 240mm. An esi has a 1.6 sohc vtec

Im pretty sure the Vei is 240mm aswell, the last one i saw was anyway. If you have ABS though you might have the bigger brakes, cant remember if ABS was an option on the Vei or not :?
By JDMpatten
#64501 Thanks for all the input, dis helped me alot.