Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Classiccarsrule85
#63087 Well I want to shed some unneeded weight and I am doing so before I finish fixing my 1994 Civic Si pretty much totally rebuilt her front end but I am wondering if it would be a good idea to scrap the ABS system since on my Cx I have better brake feel then on the other abs cars ive owned.

And since the motor is out I thought heck good time to do it.

So I am wondering how hard its going to end up being I know I will be needig to remove the master cyl. as well as the prop valve and replace it with something from a integra rs without abs. What else will be involved? I am hoping to get this car driving within the month of July if not early Aug so I can start rebuilding my Cx.

Thank you
By asianrob
#63102 you'll need the following
92-93 Si/EX master cylinder
92-93 Si/EX proportioning Valve
92-93 Si/EX or 92-95 DX/CX/VX/NON ABS LX metal brake lines for the from from the master along the fire wall to the lines
and some other things
By Greasedmonkey
DC4rob wrote:you'll need the following
92-93 Si/EX master cylinder
92-93 Si/EX proportioning Valve
92-93 Si/EX or 92-95 DX/CX/VX/NON ABS LX metal brake lines for the from from the master along the fire wall to the lines
and some other things

yeppers. for the most part. The Proportioning vavle has to be form a car with out abs and rear discs if you have rear discs. If not, then any non abs (92-93) civic.
By Classiccarsrule85
#63209 Yea I have all around disc brakes thankfully I will only need to do 1 rear disc swap as of right now...probaly more in teh future

But thankyou seems pretty simple and I was planning on getting all new lines anyways glad I thought of doing this before I put my cx's z6 engine into this car.