Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By kel
#62330 hey guys was thinking about doing a bigger brake conversion on my civic lsi hatch and dont really know where to start what would be a good conversion? as im saving up to boost it in the future and need to get brakes done first. thanks
By kel
#62364 i have found an integra type r 1998 in a breakers yard will the callipers off this be fine for the conversion?
By ee8
kel wrote:i have found an integra type r 1998 in a breakers yard will the callipers off this be fine for the conversion?

yep....
By mage182
kel wrote:i have found an integra type r 1998 in a breakers yard will the callipers off this be fine for the conversion?

Why not just get the entire suspension and call it a day? It all bolts right up.
By Graham
#62375 Wtf where did you find a teg in a breakers?! :o Ive never found one yet :cry:

If its definetaly a 98 then yes they're the ones you want, the 96 spec ones have smaller brakes

You are aware you'll need more than just the calipers to fit them..?
By ee8
mage182 wrote:

Why not just get the entire suspension and call it a day? It all bolts right up.

he needs new wheels, ITR is 5 lug.

and why go 5 lug? i dont see any benifits.....
By mage182
#62377 Depending on the wheels he has now and the price point it may be worth it. If he's planning on boosting then why not get the whole suspension with both sway bars, put on a full ES poly kit and bolt it all up with some new rotors and pads. That will handle the boost later on.
By ee8
mage182 wrote:Depending on the wheels he has now and the price point it may be worth it. If he's planning on boosting then why not get the whole suspension with both sway bars, put on a full ES poly kit and bolt it all up with some new rotors and pads. That will handle the boost later on.

true, but you can do the same with 4lug without having to buy the 5 lug conversion.

only thing you need to buy is swaybars......

but topic is about brakes, not suspension :D
By kel
#62387 in total what will i need off the integ to do the conversion then dnt want the whole suspension.