Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Vti93T
#59071 so I've asked a few people whether I should get slotted rotors or just oem ones. Half the people I have talked to said to get slotted, the other have said not to. I need opinions people. :D
By 0p71mu5pr1m3
#59077 There was a huge writeup on here about which were best, and blanks were the best, so I'd say stay away from slotted.
By Ecc0
#59086 Second that slotted eat pads like my Mrs eats easter eggs.

I'm sticking with Blanks love them to pieces and do the job V well if you choose the right one for how your driving.
By Graham
#59092 My friend got new slotted AP Dixcel discs and pads on his dc2 - they were amazing, im definetaly going for them next time i need new brakes. I thought my brakes were good but these were crazy!!! :o

Apart from eating pads i cant think of any downsides, hear some stories about drilled brakes cracking so im going to stay clear of them, but you should be okay with slotted discs providing you dont mind having to change them a bit more often
By Bouli
#59095 I would go for blanks.....

Why ?

well.....

By Ecc0
Graham wrote:Apart from eating pads i cant think of any downsides, hear some stories about drilled brakes cracking so im going to stay clear of them, but you should be okay with slotted discs providing you dont mind having to change them a bit more often

You do need to concider what kind of driving you going to do in your car as you don't need 4 pot calipors with drilled grooved disks if your not running much power and are only using your car as a daily drive, it would be like using a hand granade to take out an ants nets (effective and fun but over kill)

On the other hand if you intend on going on the track or really push your car and its powder you dont want to have soft breaking abillity you need to know what you choose will do the job it intended without having to pay out for something you dont need.
By Vti93T
#59111 well then I think for now I'm just going to ordre oem rotors from honda..they aren't that pricey and my friend gets a major discount so they are like $35 a piece and then another $30 for oem brake pads..nothing wrong with going oem right?
By Graham
#59112 I see what you mean man but i cant understand when people say that some brakes are overkill - you cant have brakes that are too good!! Obviousely things like pads and discs that need warmed up before they operate properly wont be suited to the road, but some good quality discs and pads like the AP Dixcel stuff wouldn't be overkill at all, they dont need warming up and the braking is insane!!
By Ecc0
#59118 At the end of the day moding cars is all down to person choice the only thing other people can do is give there help, opinions and advise, if your want something on your car you should do for you and not for anyone else.
By Bouli
#59121 Go with oem rotors and Ferodo DS2500 brake pads
By stefan
#59125 I see a lot of blabla.

It depends on what you're using, and what you're using it for.
If you're going to buy original Brembo Performance slotted rotors, they will not crack.
Yes, they'll make your pads wear out faster, but unlike blanks, slotted rotors will stay straight when you've heated them up GOOD, and they will not crack.
And yes, they can be noisier than blanks... who cares, my tires are louder, and it sounds cool, ánd it scares my passengers.

The main reason that low- and mid-range slotted rotors crack, is because these rotors are blanks that are drilled and effectively just haven't been designed for that... unlike high-range discs like the Brembo, wich have been designed that way.

I like grooved discs best though.
I'd say; stick with Brembo, or OEM (wich effectively could be Brembo blanks as well, so go with Brembo).
By asianrob
#59126 jsut get some blanks from autozone that have a life time warranty on them. thats what all the Road racers are using on their cars. plus they are cheaper too
By Vti93T
#59129 ok so I've come to the decision and I'm getting free slotted rotors from my friend..so I'll put those on and regular pads for awhile..then eventually I'll get the blank rotors
By Greasedmonkey
#59133 free is always good.
By andyb333civic
#73341 I got mintex groved and dimpled rotors.
They are amazing so much better then standard.
I found they make a cool whizzing noise when driving 2.
With my tyre combo they dont seem to skid wet or dry , i even put out my friends shoulder messin stopping one evening. :lol:
I`d say guessing at about 100kmph would take about three - four car lenghts to stop.
Last edited by andyb333civic on Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.