Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By york62
#73374 My self i just went with OEM, i dont plan on doing any really hard driving so i didnt think i would need to spend the extra cash on slotted.
By Greasedmonkey
#73411 Unless you plan on track days, get the stock blanks and pads.
By sdots
#73456 Dimpled and grooved rotors with cryogenic treatment for me with EBC green stuff pads. works great :) can heat them up as much as I want and they wont warp because of the cryo treatment.
By Faded_Milano
#73461 get these :) Image
By jmsplitfyre
#73474 It's either blanks or slotted.. Drilled ones are prone to cracking. :thumb:
By Heatherly
#81022 From what I understand...

If you go about getting drilled and slotted, they will crack because drilled rotors need to be cooled down properly, they're best suited for racing because they can afford to change them every time they have a race.

If you JUST get slotted, they last a lot longer because they don't have to be cooled down as much.

Still make sure you go with a good brand!!
By zeppelin101
#81037 I would only advise slotted if you do a lot of track days or auto-x. They actually reduce braking efficiency on the street as you have less surface area for the pad to contact with, the only bonus they have it that they deglaze the pad.

I'd say go for a good plain disc from a good brand, they're cheap as hell and will still take a fair amount of abuse

Drilled rotors are aimed more at HUGE discs, more to keep weight down than to actually do any cooling. A good drilled rotor won't crack if it's been designed to be drilled in the first place.
By Civic_HatchSI
#81070 Iv had my drilled and slotted front and rear rotors for over 2 years, daily driven no issues. I'm going to be doing a front teg disk conversion soon, I will be installing the same rotors again.

By Faded_Milano
#81075 Your car is my hero :bowdown:
By Gorveatt
Faded_Milano wrote:Your car is my hero :bowdown:

Her hatch is by far my favorite non white EG ever :thumb: