Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By miguel329
#55372 ok i did gsr disk swap all around, on my hatch.. can i use the 15/16 mc? i have the gsr brake booster and mc but lines need cut and one needs moved to the opisite side i dont trust cutting a brake line..
By asianrob
#55375 Since your car doesnt have ABS i suggest one from a 1992-1993 Civic Si or 1994-01 Integra RS since they dont have ABS but have rear disc brakes
By LowTEC-Derbo
#55386 use a 1991 civic ex 15/16th master cylinder as it bolts right up to the stock civic brake boosters in egs. thats what I am using. :thumb:
By miguel329
#55424 thanks order the ex one oem got it for $98 went to autozone they had for $40 but they said they only carried 13/16 so just ordered online... thanks alot guys.
By miguel329
#55630 btw lowtec nice car.... wish i could find that center colsole piece at a decent price...
By miguel329
#55815 got 15/16 mc works great.....
By Eli'sEG94
#63354 Ok i'm a bit confused here, so if I want to upgrade my disk brakes to say 262's or 282's the Master Cylinder from my Car (94 EX) should work fine, just with the exection that I'll have to get a brake booster from a GSR or ITR to go along with that (possible brake caliper and hub) that's what is currently holding me back from working on my brakes :(
By xlr8
Eli'sEG94 wrote:Ok i'm a bit confused here, so if I want to upgrade my disk brakes to say 262's or 282's the Master Cylinder from my Car (94 EX) should work fine, just with the exection that I'll have to get a brake booster from a GSR or ITR to go along with that (possible brake caliper and hub) that's what is currently holding me back from working on my brakes :(

I don't beleive your MC will work on an Integra booster. Apparently all Integra are 15/16 except the ITR, most of them are 1"

Not all type r ones are 1" though - 98 spec jdm ones are and UK type r's are, but 96 - 98 jdm type r's are 15/16ths

Here is my post...I had similar questions.
http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=6085
By Greasedmonkey
Eli'sEG94 wrote:Ok i'm a bit confused here, so if I want to upgrade my disk brakes to say 262's or 282's the Master Cylinder from my Car (94 EX) should work fine, just with the exection that I'll have to get a brake booster from a GSR or ITR to go along with that (possible brake caliper and hub) that's what is currently holding me back from working on my brakes :(

You can use your stock parts. They will work just fine. If you want the brakes to work BETTER, you will need a better BB and Bigger MC. Thats when you up grade to the ITR.
By xlr8
#75928 Well, in my search I have found some new information.

I know for a fact that USDM GSR's have a 1" MC. My friend has a 99 GSR and it is clearly stamped 1" on the side.

I also spoke with a rep at PasswordJDM and he said that every Integra 94-01 with ABS has a 1" MC. They seem to be clearly stamped 1 on the side.

When I was cross referencing this with www.rockauto.com. This seems to be true. ABS and non-ABS have different part numbers and the ABS units are usually labeled in the product info as being 1".

I personally will be upgrading my BB also. I parked my 93 DX hatch beside my buddies 99 GSR to compare. The MC is obviously much bigger but the BB is literly twice the size. I feel that the extra grunt the booster will give me is worth finding and installing it.

I will be upgrading both.
By LowTEC-Derbo
#75993 i would make sure to get a NON ABS integra bb and mc.

Integra RS would be the best candidate for bolt on affair without bending hard lines.
By xlr8
#76215 And that is the kicker.....

94-01 Integra

ABS = 1" ....... Gotta bend the lines and reflair from what I've read.

NonABS = 15/16" ....... Should bolt up.

I have decided to go with the Integra NonABS MC and BB. Even though it's only 15/16. I feel the addition of the booster will even out the pedal feel from the 1/16 I will loose in the MC.... I honestly don't think it is going to make alot of difference.

I was considering going with the civic 15/16 but I feel that I must upgrade the booster. I have seen them side by side and the Integra booster dwarf's my hatch's..... Also, realize the stock Integra setup was designed to stop a car that weighs easily 600 lbs more then mine. With some EBC greens, stainless lines, new rotors, and good fluid... It should be rocking.
By Greasedmonkey
#76221 Everyone always over looks the tires. They are the most important part. With out them everything else you do is pointless. Unless its just a trailer queen and show car.
By xlr8
#76311 Okay... I have a correction to my MC post.

Integra 98-01 ABS MC's require bending of the lines. If its a JDM then it is actually easier because the one port is on the same side as our Eg's. You will not have to reflair the line or get a new nut for they are the same. The nut is size is M8

Integra 94-97 ABS MC's require bending the line, reflairing the line, and a new nut. The nut size is M10. You can also buy flare nut adapters at Napa. Which ultimately would be much easier then reflairing the line and buying a new nut, but either way will work.

I am no expert. I am reproducing the data that I found here:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=818263

One thing I will reconfirm is the 2 different designs Honda used for their MC's. 94-97 has a single point of entry from the reservoir to MC and the 98-01 is dual.

This is my 98-01 JDM ITR one I just purchased

This is the 94-97 Master Cylinder.

Remember that there are 1" bore MC's in both versions. It will be stamped on the side.