Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By VegasCivic
#55148 I remember from the manual its back right, front left....then i forget. :cry:

Im not sure that it really matters as long as you keep the fluid level high and get all the air out :?
By Graham
#55151 For me it was rear passenger side, rear drivers side, front passenger side then front drivers side - but ive got a RHD car

For a LHD car it would be the same but your passenger side is the opposite to mine :P

You basically want to bleed the corner furthest from the master cylinder first and work your way towards it
By LowTEC-Derbo
Graham wrote:For me it was rear passenger side, rear drivers side, front passenger side then front drivers side - but ive got a RHD car

For a LHD car it would be the same but your passenger side is the opposite to mine :P

You basically want to bleed the corner furthest from the master cylinder first and work your way towards it

x2. that is the way the manual states.
By miguel329
#55184 thats what i though but some1 told me otherwise...something about break lines are crossed like a x but that was coming from a ford guy hahaha... anyways thanks alot...i did my gsr rear swap on my hatch just breaks are really spongy,i gotta put pedal to the floor to get them to break... didnt bleed the mc is that hard to do? i had a manual someone stole it alongf with my cd player :x
By VegasCivic
#55256 one reason its nice to have drums in the rear still. Need adjusting? Star drag! *spins spin spin*
By Graham
#55292 Sounds like you've got lots of air still in the system...

As for the X thing your friend was talking about - yes thats true, your front left and back right brakes are seperate to your front right and back left - thats incase a brake pipe or some other brake component fails, you would still be able to stop as in the worst case you would only loose brakes on 2 corners. Thats the same for every car though i think and doesnt affect the order you bleed your brakes

But you dont have to bleed your master cylinder - just make sure its topped up while you bleed your brakes as you dont want the fluid level to drop far enough that air could get sucked into the brakes!!