Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Adzgtr
#54981 hello there
I own a civic ej2 lsi and im going on a track day so I defo need to get better brakes im going to use ferodo ds2500 pads and blank discs but I don’t know whats the easiest cheapest way to upgrade ?? I have 15” wheels with offset of 36 so most things will fit.
lil pic of the ej2 its my every day car so nto perfect:

any help will be great i got low cash and a few weeks to get parts and fit so it cant be to complicated.
Last edited by Adzgtr on Tue May 13, 2008 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Bouli
#54994 You could upgrade to a VTI/Sir braking system

Then you'll have 262mm rotors in the front and 240mm rotors in the back

and with the VTI/Sir brake booster and DS2500 pads you're be golden.

And if you've upgrade to that, then you can do a front brake swap and take ITR calipers with Rover/MG 282mm discs :thumb: See http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2953 for more info.
By Adzgtr
#54995 i was thinking about this but im not sure how much work the conversion will be and how much the bits will cost i was looking at prelude callipers as a mate of mine has a great set up but they wont fit with otu the conversion i haven’t seen any real info on the conversion what i will need and how to do L I searches in here and civic life ect but no luck yet.

im running itr jdm suspension atm but that pic was some gmax suspension witch i didnt like to much + bushes were gone. im trying to get it to a every day car with a track feel so other advice on getting it ready for the track would be great help.
By Bouli
#54997 Prelude VTI calipers & brackets will work too, they are the same though.

You'll need at least the 262mm Fuseebody? = brake hubs ? for that...
By Adzgtr
#54999 hey
well i know the brakes will die so i need to do this conversion to atlest the vti brakes but has any one for any detailed info on it so i dont spend more cash then i need to.
what discs would you recomend too??

suspension wise im goign to run a 0-1/8mm toe out and hopefully get some vti anti roll bars i wanted itr ones but there to much work

thanks adz
By Bouli
#55026 You'll need

Front:
VTI hubs
VTI brake calipers & brackets
VTI brake lines
VTI Master brake cilinder + booster

I advice to run oem discs with Ferodo DS2500 pads.
By Adzgtr
#55041 hey
ok kool seem quite straigh forward just doing it on a buget makes it harder :)
i was going to use either brembo black discs or ferodo blank discs but sounds good to me.

ill keep up dated on progress i have messaged a few people in uk about getting a full conversion with everything form vti with the integra calipers inc for 250 ( the top end of my budget ) but that leves em with no cash for pads

adz
By Graham
#55050 I was pretty dissapointed with vti brakes - weren't as good as i was hoping! I picked up some Legend twinpot calipers and put them on the front with MG 282mm discs - if you can find the calipers get them, theyre great :D
By Ecc0
#55085 I have a full set of front and rear VTI breaks if your interested, could also sort out fitting for you at my unit.

Full upgrade would include Front VTI hubs, Calipors, Discs and Pad's and Rear swing arm/ trailing arms (Depending on what side of the pond your on) disc's calipors and pads.

The only thing I dont have for the swop is the hand brake cable which you would need to get from either a EG9 or EK coupe (possibly) a DC2 but someone pease correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Gimme a call on my mob if you got anymore questions and I'll be happy to help 07843427216.
By Graham
#55150 ITR handbrake cables fit an eg hatch but since the coupe has a slightly longer wheelbase i dont think they would work - eg9 would be the best bet id think, or possibly a Rover since most models have the same rear disc setup as Hondas
By CivicTypeR
Graham wrote:ITR handbrake cables fit an eg hatch

Wow, my handbrake is on it's way out, I might install a ITR one :thumb:

Thanks for the info G
By Adzgtr
#55261 hey Ecc0 were are you based i live in sussex in the uk.

i have messaged some one on civic life they have perlude full swap inc vti hubs ect for £250 witch is my full budget didnt wana spend a smuch as that.

he also has legend twin pots for another £120 but 370 i might as well get some 4 pots.
By Adzgtr
#55347 that would inc the hub conversion and disc and pads :) but u get my point :)
By Ecc0
Adzgtr wrote:hey Ecc0 were are you based i live in sussex in the uk.

i have messaged some one on civic life they have perlude full swap inc vti hubs ect for £250 witch is my full budget didnt wana spend a smuch as that.

he also has legend twin pots for another £120 but 370 i might as well get some 4 pots.

No I'm based in Essex & Herts but I have ppl coming to me from all over to get bits or have bits changed.

I need to speak with my mate about prices on the full conversion but I know I can get a set of Accord Type R calipors for £160, which could be added to the VTI Hubs went they're changed over.

Let me know if your interested and I'll get them set a side for you.