Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By civic15
#262890 Hi every one i did the disk convertion on my 98 hatch back and it work really great! brakes a little bit better but the most impotante change i've notice is the controle of the car when you brake

Thanks guys for your support :thumb:
By EJ1_MK
bocherks1 wrote:i did buy a tegra 15/16 but just don't know if its worth the hassle to install it if i'm only doing the rear swap.

ill check and see what my prop valve is too. i did pick one up also from a scrappers , but cant seem to find a number on it.

There are hard to find sometimes, but should be around the middle of in between the 4 outlets going to the brakes them selves. I know that most EX models should have a 30 30 and really does not need to be changed on the coupes with out ABS. It is not very dark so it might be hard to find. but right above the seam on the valve on the 4 outlet side.
By kc12305
#293140 ok so this will work on a 99 hatch ?
also what or were could i fond those parts to do the conversion ?
By EJ1_MK
#293143 Yes it will work on any civic. And most parts will have to be found off a wrecked integra or civic si 99-00. Is there particular parts your asking about?
By kc12305
#293172 what im asking is what should i exactly look for to do this cause i have a jink yard over by my house and i can always go pull parts out of there so i can easly get the parts but i need to know like a part list
By EJ1_MK
#293181 Ok for a 99 civic of any ej6,8 or ek model you will need these parts

Rear trailing arms from a 90-01 integra with e-brake cables and brake Calipers.

You can NOT use the rear control off any other model Honda they have a completely different rear lower control arm.

Now I everything else is up to you if you want to replace things or not. Personally I would replace the rear wheel hubs, brake Calipers and if you want the e-brake cables from a 99-00 civic si they will fit perfect underneath the car. It's hard to tell if things are working on a junk car so I always replace these things prior to installing them on anyone's car. Also I would replace the trailing arm bushing as well.

All the rest you can buy aftermarket like rear camper kit, rear lower control arms, and rear toe arms. But don't need to be replaced. But if you have every worked on the back end bolts brake really easy so take your time or have new on hand to replace stuff with. You can look at my build thread and get a good idea of all it takes to swap. Not hard just takes time.
By kc12305
#293197 ok thanks guys
By kt95CiviCDX
#293251 I was told the rear disc brakes from a 90/91 crx si will work for the swap as well...
By EJ1_MK
#293253 Yes it will here is a list of all the rear trailing arms and off what cars:

88-91 CRX SI
90-01 Integra all models
92-95 Civic SI, ex 4 door and ex-s coupes came with disk/ ABS
99-00 Civic SI

All should have the same rear trailing arm I know that the 90-01 Integra and all civic are the same brake calipers and rotor numbers are identical.
By kt95CiviCDX
#293264 so if i have the conversion from the crx si will rotors for an eg fit on ? or if i buy new rotors do i have to get ones for a crx si
By EJ1_MK
#293275 the brake rotors are different for the CRX than the other models its a much smaller car which means it needs less braking force to stop. So you will have to use the CRX rotors and pads. You can always have the part stores look up both models I just did on O'Reilly's and advance to check and they list different rear rotor part numbers.
By illason
#302557 So you can use the same e-brake cables?
By EJ1_MK
#302581 As long as they are for the disc brake trailing arms then yes.