Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By wickednasty
#233403 nice writeup.. did you upgrade your hydrovac and brake master assembly too?
By civic15
#233444 Do you know if the disk brake convertion is heavier than the drum brake?

i have an 98 civic hatch and i bought an 98 rear acura disk brake convertion :thumb:
By kingjmack
civic15 wrote:Do you know if the disk brake convertion is heavier than the drum brake?

i have an 98 civic hatch and i bought an 98 rear acura disk brake convertion :thumb:

It seems like ive read somewhere that the disc set-up is a couple of pounds heavier than the disc's.
By Ajax1989
#233446 you wont regret doint the conversion
so do it
By civic15
#233450 Thanks i was about too sell the convertion to a friend for 150$ but i think ill keep it

thank a lot
By Eg6H2D
civic15 wrote:Do you know if the disk brake convertion is heavier than the drum brake?

it's not that much heavier about 10-15 max together.!!
By civic15
#233453 and since my hatch has less weigth in the back it will help to put a few pounds in the back of the car for cornering
By Eg6H2D
civic15 wrote:and since my hatch has less weigth in the back it will help to put a few pounds in the back of the car for cornering

u got it!! :thumb:
By 92_eghatch
#238043 reading this was amazing! how much to swaps usually run? on average i guess? and...didnt see a clear answer about m/c? do you have to have it, or is it just one of those things... "might as well do it while you're doing the conversion?"

but yeah, really sweet...

GSR was the nicer of the models besides the ITR of course... ITR's are pure sex!
By cjw_89
CScivic22 wrote:i cant remember where i read it but i remember reading that you needed a second master cylinder for the rear brakes. maybe i read wrong and you just have to upgrade to the teg MC and brake booster.

dont see the need.My 93 si hatch has 4 discs stock and it has the same prop valve and mc as my 94 dx coupe(drums)
By Danny_P
#244887 Hey ANYONE! lol

Can the Drum trailing arm hubs be switched with hubs to take disks. i dont know if the drum trailing arms have the correct brackets/bolt holes for a caliper and im thinking of just swapping the hubs - might make it easyer...

whats everyone think???
By bocherks1
#262480 I have my trailing arms from my gsr parts car, not thinking i only grabbed the rear parts.

I am attaching this to my civic cx in sometime, wondering if i need to change the prop valve, mc and brake booster - Only doing the rear conversion -
until next year, then upgrading to integra fronts.

Would it be safe to drive until then? or would i have to worry about braking problems.
By EJ1_MK
Danny_P wrote:Hey ANYONE! lol

Can the Drum trailing arm hubs be switched with hubs to take disks. i dont know if the drum trailing arms have the correct brackets/bolt holes for a caliper and im thinking of just swapping the hubs - might make it easyer...

whats everyone think???

The trailing arm and the Hub/bearing assembly is the same. But there the bracket for the brake caliper is not there, now if you can locate that part then you can convert your drum trailing arms to disk with alittle work. I just converted my coupe to disk and looked into that so that I could maybe have a set of spare trailing arms in cause of breaking one on the road course but that bracket is not there and the dust shields are different. I looked for a while for just the bracket at part stores and called honda and they do not just sell that piece.
By EJ1_MK
bocherks1 wrote:I have my trailing arms from my gsr parts car, not thinking i only grabbed the rear parts.

I am attaching this to my civic cx in sometime, wondering if i need to change the prop valve, mc and brake booster - Only doing the rear conversion -
until next year, then upgrading to integra fronts.

Would it be safe to drive until then? or would i have to worry about braking problems.

You would need to look at your prop valve you would want a 40 40 but like my ex has a 30 30 and I have no issues with the way it brakes now. The booster will not need to be changed but you might look at an SI MC or even and ex cause the SI is 13/16 and the EX is an 7/8 MC now you could get a DA mc which is a 15/16 or 1" but the prop valve is most important. Just make sure to look the way your MC is cause for what ever reason Honda made it so that the 4dr and the 2 and 3 dr are slightly different in the way they bolt up and where the lines connect. Best if you can go to the local parts store with the car and be able to look at the one on your car and the options you can put on to see if they will work.
By bocherks1
#262494 i did buy a tegra 15/16 but just don't know if its worth the hassle to install it if i'm only doing the rear swap.

ill check and see what my prop valve is too. i did pick one up also from a scrappers , but cant seem to find a number on it.