Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Graham
#44030 One of my wheelnuts sheared in half about 2 weeks so i need to get my rear hub off in order to cut the stud off from the back. Ive got rear discs btw

Problem is, i dont know how the hub seperates from the trailing arm :oops: and i also cannot take the wheel off because of the snapped nut :x

Will i be able to get the hub off with the wheel in place? I can get the caliper off with the wheel on so that isnt a problem, i just dont know how the hub comes off :oops:

Any adivice would be great!
By asianrob
Graham wrote:One of my wheelnuts sheared in half about 2 weeks so i need to get my rear hub off in order to cut the stud off from the back. Ive got rear discs btw

Problem is, i dont know how the hub seperates from the trailing arm :oops: and i also cannot take the wheel off because of the snapped nut :x

Will i be able to get the hub off with the wheel in place? I can get the caliper off with the wheel on so that isnt a problem, i just dont know how the hub comes off :oops:

Any adivice would be great!

its very possible the Hub bolt on the back is like 23mm? something like its pretty big
By asianrob
#44035 just might not have alot of room to work with tho
By Graham
#44037 There is a big nut at the back, would i just undo that and the hub comes off?

Ill remove my lca and shock, should get enough room that way 8)
Last edited by Graham on Mon May 12, 2008 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Greasedmonkey
#44096 you can replace the stud with it on the trailing arm. I know for a fact you can. I have done it a few times. didnt mess up the stud or anything.
By LowTEC-Derbo
#44122 i actually replaced the hub in the back. There is a little gold lid (if it isnt rusted yet) and you pop that off and there is a 32mm nut there. Take that 32mm nut off and you can remove the hub. Once you got that out you can hammer the studs out. Be careful not to damage the wheel bearing cause it is part of the hub. That piece alone is $150. :X
By asianrob
Greasedmonkey wrote:you can replace the stud with it on the trailing arm. I know for a fact you can. I have done it a few times. didnt mess up the stud or anything.

yea thats how i did mine i jsut knocked it out and put hte other one in. But he cant take off the wheel
By Graham
#44145 Yeah as Rob said i cant get my wheel off :cry: :cry:

Ive got a replacement stud, i just need to cut the old one off from the back as i cant risk damaging my wheel and cant get to it at all from the wheel side :cry:

:x :x :x :x :x :x
By BAXTER_EJ1
#44146 There's those Sparcos :hehe: :thumb:
By LowTEC-Derbo
#45855 pop that rust piece in the picture and there is a 32mm hub. Unbolt your caliper from the back, so the bolts are out..(if possible) and then pry that hub out with the rotor. see if you can do that?
By teal_dx
#45859 it's going to be a tight fit to pry it with that hubcentric spacer in the way. You might have to drill a hole in the cap & pull/pry it off using the hole. A new one shouldn't cost much from the dealer.
By Graham
#45871 Yeah its just a plastic spigot ring, ill probably have to mutilate the cap and get at it that way :(

Thanks for your help though, ill get started as soon as my exams finish up
By 3lue by u
#45918 why cant you remove the wheel by removing the other lugnuts? It looks to me like you would be able to.
By teal_dx
#45949 I didn't see it at first untill I really looked cloce at the pic. It looks like the lugnut is removed and you're seeing the surface of the wheel, but really the lugnut twisted right in half and the bottom half is still all the way screwed in, holding the wheel on.

it sucks.