Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By brandoff88
#359105 ok I know this isn't exactly an eg question, but does relate in a way, I recently sold my 94 ex coupe and got a 97 ex coupe, I have a sweet ass set of ceramic pads for the ej1 I bought and thought I could use them on the ej8, calipers and rotors are the same...what I found out is that the caliper bracket itself as well as the pads are different, what I would like to know (been searching for a couple hours on google and keep getting useless info on putting ex brakes on an a dx) is my buddy has a ej1 shell sitting at his house and I was wondering since the calipers are the same if I use the ej1 caliper bracket (so that I don't have to buy another set of ceramic pads) will it bolt up and function 100% with the ek caliper (I believe it should seeing as the rotors and calipers are the same) but I want to be 100% sure before I go strip his car of front brakes (he lives 20 miles from me and is willing to let me have them for free as I'm not working right now :( ) any info is greatly appreciated, this is the only place that I could think on the internet where someone might know...im going to take my caliper with me tomorrow and see what happens but if it wont work id rather not waste an afternoon and gas to find out they wont work lol.
By brandoff88
#359113 i picked em up from autoanything.com, and they were only like 35 bucks for the fronts, i actually did some more research and managed to find a smidge of info, apparently all 92-00 ex civics share the same rotors/calipers (including piston size) what IS different is the mounting bracket and pads, and seeing as the rotor set up and caliper set up are the same, they should bolt right up in theory, unfortunately my stomach is giving me some a hard time and i never made to my buddies, but i should be able to tomorrow, and i will know for sure once i mock them up and slap em together, and will update this post once i find out, i currently have my front suspension torn apart to put on my coils, new poly sway bar endlinks, axels, and ebc rotors, as well as rebuild the front calipers. so once i find out if the bracket bolts onto the caliper properly with the pads I'm going to mock them up on the knuckle to make sure everything is jiving right. i don't for see any issues, but i guess worse case scenario is i need to buy new pads, just trying to avoid spending too much as i need new inner/outer tie rods and rear brake lines (the stainless russel ones i bought for the eg don't fit the integra trailing arms i used for my rear disc set up) but that's neither here nor there, the braking systems are actually very similar between eg/ek ex coupes with the exception obviously of brakets and pads lol. my ek is a frankenthing haha, i have a d15b7, with a y8 intake manifold and dizzy(both kept obd2a for ease of using my stock ek engine harness, to avoid having jumper harnesses everywhere, only jumper I'm using is for the ecu so i can run an obd1 p06 or chipped variety), a ex/si trans from an eg, 92 integra rear discs, and and a few other eg parts i managed to make fit(like my brand new in box truhart coilovers, among other things lol...but so far i haven't had any fitment issues with much except the rear brake lines and front pads, so fingers crossed i can use the eg mounting bracket with pads haha
By brandoff88
#359188 well the verdict is in, the ek bracket is slightly bigger than the eg, so the info around the net that the eg/ek ex front calipers are the same is indeed incorrect, looks like ill be getting new front pads lol...oh well :thumbdown: