Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By B18cDelSlo
#41067 I just bought this 40/40 Prop Valve (or so it said) on ebay. I think I got screwed.... What is this?

The prop valve I'm familiar with has 6 connections, 1 in, 4 out to the brakes, and 1 out. This one has only 4, 2 ins and 2 outs.

Please tell me what it is and where it goes.

Thanks

By Graham
#41083 Actually, isnt that the prop valve from an ABS car?

Mines 6 aswell but ABS ones look like that i think...
By B18cDelSlo
#41084 I think this is the valve for 94+ integra with ABS. I think I need the Integra without ABS. But don't have the official word on that yet. Still searching.
By Graham
#41086 Ive got an integra one with 4 holes too, it must be from an ABS one as it was no use to me. Doesnt look like your one though...

I tried to get a non ABS dc2 one but theyre really hard to come by :(
By B18cDelSlo
#41088 man i paid like $40 for this thing.
By B18cDelSlo
#41089 might just get a new one from honda and say screw it
By Graham
#41105 Luckily i got mine free with my master cylinder, im just going to keep a lookout in scrap yards for one from an eg with rear discs
By B18cDelSlo
#41106 my buddy got his off of a 94 4 door teg.
By Greasedmonkey
#41156 that is not the one you need. Im not even sure what car that came off of. Doesnt look honda too me.
By suspendedHatch
#41892 Yeah you got ripped off. That's not a 4040 valve. That's a prop valve placeholder for cars that have abs as others have said. It's not a prop valve itself, it's just a pass through. Honda/Acura wasn't going to make separate brake lines for the abs cars, that's not the way they do things (this same philosophy is what makes all the various bolt-in engine swaps possible).

You can get the correct valve from a non-abs 94 or 95 Integra, any Del Sol that has rear disk brakes, any 92 or 93 Integra (but the mounting bracket is different), or obviously any 92-95 Civic with rear disk brakes. There are even other prop valves out there that will work ie the Prelude, but I did not try them or document them. Honda kept the same brake line arrangement across many different vehicles from this time period so they will all bolt in.