Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By 92civicEGsedan
#357544 Okay here's the story. I found a 95 integra at my dads bosses scrap yard, he's selling me the engine transmission and everything I need to swap it into my car for $150. It has rear disk and would like to swap into my car as a small upgrade. Now heres the problem I just put ES bushings all around my car so I don't want to have to swap out my trailing arm. It's one reason I haven't switched out the rear LCAS for the rear sway bar that my car doesn't have which I might get it all and save it for later and buy the LCA bushing for it. Now back to the topic I read that I could use a t50 or t60 torx bit and a few other things and just swap spindles onto my existing trailing arms. I've searched and only found what little info abut the tools needed and one post about needing a press and another one saying that you don't need a press. Could someone please shed some light on this.
By Driv-it-hard
#357551 Question, May I ask what bushings did you use on the trailing arms ?
Hommie, Energy suspension polly bushings are 28.00 to your door. I would drop it all and replace it all one shot.
That is what I did on my car.
By 92civicEGsedan
#357554 Energy suspension bushings are what I used but I don't have that type of money to just spend I got twins so any little money I have is saved for a engine rebuild
By suspendedHatch
#357564 You can theoretically swap the spindles and replace the e-brake cables (they have to be for calipers, not drums), but most of the time the torx bolts are seized.
The correct way to replace the bushing is to press it out with a specialty tool, but most people don't have access to it so they torch the bushing and hacksaw the shell. The best way I've seen is just to tap it out evenly like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di-K1OeqLuE or use an airhammer.