Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Graham
#77517 All civics are 4x100, there are different types of hubs however

What size were your brakes before? If they were 262mm then you have the right hubs

If they were 242, then you have the wrong hubs
By dionisis
#77962 well,my discs are 240mm,what should i do to make a complete front brake conversion?
I want 262mm brake setup. :?
By SuperTuner12010
#85365 I think im understanding this all..Sort Of...

I have a 92 cx, and I know the hubs are different? So im going to need new knuckels correct? And what knuckles use the 262mm setup? Also can you get just the hubs and have them pressed into the knuckles I already have?

And once I have the correct knuckles that accept 262mm rotors. Then I use the 282 mg rotors, and integra calipers and brackets? What integra?

Thanks for all the help, im coming from an accord, so really appreciate the help...Im still a newb to the civic chasis.
By SuperTuner12010
#87020 So what spendels use the 262 brake setup? And could you just change the hub?
By Greasedmonkey
#87021 Integra spindels. Basically any civic or teg that has the 262mm rotors.
By SuperTuner12010
#87041 Will dc4 integra spindles work? There is a guy parting out a dc4 and want to trade the full spindel with brakes and all for a p72. :woot: Please tell me it will work...
By Greasedmonkey
#93302 they will not with out spacers or moding the backets. and that is just for the stock integra brakes. I dont think they will fit over the bigger ones at all.
By becquio
#97322 Image

Here's mine, ITR Brake calipers with brackets, MG 282 EBC rotors and Hawk pads.

Just plug & play with my vti knuckles (262mm oem rotors)
By Eg6H2D
#128396 Found this on D-series.org.

Lots of help for DIY!!

Ok many of you with the 92-95 civics know all about the rear disk conversion using 99-00 civic si or 94-01 integra rear brakes, well this is what i will refer to as stage one and non of that will be covered in this post, this post assumes you already upgraded to the rear disk but want more then the puny 9 inch rotors and dinky pads have to offer, well here is a cheap and easy way to upgrade to 10.2 rotors and much larger pads. I call it stage 2 :) again this isnt to teach you how to change brakes, so i wont clutter the thread with useless pics of me doing something you already know how to do.
Here is my 00 si rear brakes behind 16 inch slips. better then drum but still puny.

now here is all you need to upgrade.
2002-2006 acura RSX base model or type s rear caliper brackets easily found on RSX forums from cars being parted out, got mine for 20 bucks.
2002-2003 civic SI hatch rear rotors new from any parts store, about 15 bucks each.
2002-2006 acura RSX rear pads new from any parts store.
resuse the 94-01 integra or 99-00 si rear caliper.

thats it its all a direct bolt on, the only issue i had was the new pads i bought were very thick and with the new rotors it was a very tight squeeze getting the caliper on i stopped turning the plunger in when i saw the seal start to roll over, so perhaps it was not actually all the way in, so i simply machined a little material off the pads, not the backing but the actual material that wears off any way, another alternative would be to have the rotor turned a little thinner then brand new.
here is a comparison of the old rotors and new and old pads and new, look how much larger the pads are! and the rotors are a nice 1 inch increase as well.

here it is all assembled

and here it is with the tire on, looks much beefier and fills in the tire much nicer.

any way thats it, now i just have to get time to do my front brake swap, as of right now my back brakes are actually larger then my fronts haha. feel free to sticky if you want to mods
By Carl-Brit
#176444 i think i have the 242mm brakes in my 1.3dx what are all the parts i need to convert to 282mm setup

some MG 282mm disks
Integra or prelude calipers and brackets
(can i use the teg calipers with lude carriers or does it have to be teg caliper/carrier combo or lood caliper/carrier combo) ???
pads to fit the calipers
and ANY 262mm hubs from a eg, ek, teg or do they have to be from a EG only...

ps. EG6b20R nice wright up on the rear disks i'll be using this info when i get the rear conversion done at a later date :)
By brolly
#287333 can some one tell me i i can use ANY 262mm hubs from a eg, ek, teg or do they have to be from a EG only??
By bks84
black94sol wrote:HOW ABOUT THIS...

91 Acura Legend calipers (2 piston caliper) with a bracket

and...

91 Acura Legend rotors re-drilled to 4X100

instant 11.2" brakes for super cheap. i priced it where i work, i'd have $255 tied up in it.

JDM Justin :o

See, he's wrong.

Its 94-95 GS Sedan calipers and 92-96 Prelude VTEC rotors redrilled to 4x100. Caliper bracket has to machined to center it over the rotor.
By HiTec
#291568 Does someone have pictures about the differences between 240mm and 262mm knuckles? I would like to know is it possible that i could use 240mm knuckles from my DXi, Rover 282 Discs and integra calibers, and let the machine shop make custom adapters?