Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By mage182
#61105 I've found this to be the most comprehensive postings on Honda brakes. The user who did the research is the one who sold me my S2000 (11.8" or 300mm) calipers that will go on my EG project car. The chart also helped me to figure out what is need to put 4x100 EP3 rear brakes (10.3" or 262mm) on the car as well.

The calipers get bigger but the S2000 ones will fit under some 15" wheels which was a requirement of mine. The Legend 2 piston one are much heavier for a minimal increase in performance. And the larger and harder to find TL, RL, and NSX brakes need at least 17" wheels and require more extensive modifications to install.

Code: Select allhttp://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1811368
By Graham
#61108 NSX brakes will fit under 15's ^^ they're the exact same size as Legend ones, just alot lighter. You're right about Legned calipers being heavy though, i couldnt believe how heavy mine were when i got them :o
By mage182
Graham wrote:NSX brakes will fit under 15's ^^ they're the exact same size as Legend ones, just alot lighter. You're right about Legned calipers being heavy though, i couldnt believe how heavy mine were when i got them :o

They will? That's good to know in case I ever come across a set. Something that I don't think will happen very often. I wish that Honda made nicer OEM calipers. I know Mitsu/Subaru/Mazda get calipers from Brembo/Endless. But it would be nice to have the option to get nice anodized calipers that say Honda just like the RL ones that say Acura.
By Graham
#61123 Yeah they definetaly do, my friend has them on his Integra and they fit under his 15" TE37s

The newer Hondas have Brembos but they're mega money :cry:
By kbdavis08
#61572 On the ITR brackets, going back to what stefan said, could you use the ITR brackets on stock/base integra calipers and fit the 282mm rotors?
By andymc_4
#63298 but what about rear brakes :?
By Bouli
#66594 sorry for the late reply...

i've upgraded my rear brakes as well.

From 240mm to 262mm.. Teggy calipers and e-brake cables with 4x100 262mm rotors will do the trick.

pic:

By shak3yb0n3z
#68332 This is pretty sweet! I need to do brakes on the Del Sol and i was wanting to upgrade my brakes. thanks for the info!! :D
By dionisis
#72414 Hey guys,last week i bought a pair of front drilled+slotted discs from a civic EG6,with calipers and brake lines. I am thinking now,on replacing those brake lines with stainless steel one's. Anyone has ever done this step? And also replacing the brake master cylinder with a 1996's Integra Type-R DC2... 8) and of course brand new pads and brake fluid! :)
By xlr8
#75628 I just bought a JDM GSR conversion for my hatch.... Does anyone know if these rotors will fit them?

Thanks
By xlr8
#75661 When I say JDM I simply mean that the 4 wheel disc conversion I purchased came from a GSR in Japan. Didn't mean to throw around the term JDM like it was different.

My question is, will my GSR conversion (calipers and brackets) accept these larger rotors of 282mm?
Last edited by xlr8 on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Graham
#75662 But you dont get GSR's in Japan :?

GSR is a US only model, unless you know exactly what model they came from then i cant say whether they will be 282mm or 262mm

If its a US Integra they came from im guessing they'll be 262mm
By xlr8
#75666 Then where do all the B18C GSR engines come from?

I am no expert but I have been under the impression that GSR's from Japan have B18C's, thus all the engine importers offering engines from Japan.

After looking at it closer, it looks like they were not specifically called GSR's they were SiR-G's.

http://passwordjdm.com/B18C-SiR-GGSR-OB ... 8C201.aspx

Now that that is out of the way,........

Yes, my conversion is 262mm's. Will the 282mm rotors that were shown at the beginning of the post bolt up the way they were ilustrated?

Thanks for all the help.