Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Gram0401
#353604 I have a 94 dx hatch im swapping over to integra front brakes. I replaced the ball joints and bearing, I also purchased new axles (d16z6 axles) for the civic. the problem that I am having it seems like the driver side is a little short. do the d-series come with different size axles?

tight as axle nut will go on with air

trans side... sticking out far enough for the car not to move in gear

thanks for looking
By HeikDiesel
#353606 You're going to want to get B series axles. 94-01 Integra/B Series Del Sol/99-00 Civic SI axles work
By Gram0401
HeikDiesel wrote:You're going to want to get B series axles. 94-01 Integra/B Series Del Sol/99-00 Civic SI axles work

thanks for the quick reply
but that's not going to work at all because b-series has a intermediate shift
the d-series has nowhere to bolt that to the block

does any one know if the axle for 88-91 is the same?
By Gram0401
iLLson wrote:d15/d16 axles are the same.

but your axle isnt pushed in all the way to the trans.

wiggle wiggle push!

I know that the axle isn't all the way in the trans, when I tighten the axle nut it pulled it out the trans the axle seems to be about 1/2-1" short,
I need to know if the ef d-series axles are shorter.... im think they may have gave me the wrong axle.....
By HeikDiesel
Gram0401 wrote:
HeikDiesel wrote:You're going to want to get B series axles. 94-01 Integra/B Series Del Sol/99-00 Civic SI axles work

I don't understand your question. You have a d series in the car and put integra spindles on the car? Your d series axles should be the same spline/size as the integra hubs
By Gram0401
HeikDiesel wrote:
Gram0401 wrote:

I don't understand your question. You have a d series in the car and put integra spindles on the car? Your d series axles should be the same spline/size as the integra hubs

the car has a d16 motor, the spindles bolted to the car fine.
the axles fits in the trans and hub. but the length of the axle its self seems to be about an inch short because when I tighten the axle nut it pulls the axle out of the trans
these are not the same axles I had with the stock breaks (purchased new axles) the passenger side went together fine. I want to know if there is a difference in length between 88-91 axles and 92up axles (d-series) because im starting to think that they sold me the wrong axle.
I don't have the old axles because I had to use them for a core charge.
By HeikDiesel
#353671 Pretty sure cable trans axles will not work with hydro trans axles. So if that's the case you have the wrong stuff