Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Diego
#352768 Hi guys.

I have a Civic VTi EG 1993 and my ABS modulator 57110-SR3-A03 was removed. Do I can instal the EK abs modulator on my car?

What modifications I will have to do?

Thanks!
By Diego
#354924 Anyone know?

Do I can replace the ABS pump and modulator of my EG6, for these parts from EK model? This is my compact and new, and easy to found.

Thanks for any informations
By EconoBox
#354927 It is NOT going to just bolt in.
The two systems are totally different.

However, the ABS system is designed so if it fails it leaves everything open so that the brakes can function normally like an old car without ABS. This is why even if your ABS light is on indicating a malfunction with the system your brakes still work just like a car without ABS. So there is no need to immediately repair the system.

If your ABS light is on I would jump the SCS connector and get the code. Sometimes its as simple as cleaning off a wheel speed sensor and the ABS starts working again. I know I've seen all kinds of simple things turn the ABS light on.

By Diego
#354928 Thanks for informations Econobox.

But the former owner of my car removed the accumulator and the modulator and I bought the civic without these parts.

I will need to buy new parts for replace, if I will buy the modulator and the ABS unit for Civic EK4, do i can to install theses parts on my ABS Civic EG6 ?

I don´t found here these parts for EG6, only for EK4.

Wait returns, thanks
By EconoBox
#354930 The 1992-95 Civics with ABS use a modulator, pump and accumulator to control the ABS system.

The 1996-2000 Civics with ABS use a modulator to control the ABS system.

While you may be able to bend the lines to adapt the EK modulator to fit into your eg6 the electrical operation of the ABS system is completely different than the eg.

Anything is possible with enough money as they say. You could probably harvest all the electrical components from an EK and make the system work if you were dead set on having ABS.

I would recommend just buying non-ABS EG components and building a brake system that way. It will be a lot less prone to issues since there will be no electrical retro fit. I don't know about you but brakes aren't something I want to worry about functioning correctly.