Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By modmonte
#352365 Hello everyone, been a long time creeper of your forums and many others and finally joined today. I really want to say thanks to everyone for all of the helpful posts on tucking the brake lines on my 1995 EG.

I recently moved the prop valve under the heater core box where the srs box previously sat. Then ran stainless steel lines to -3an JEGS/EARLS fittings (Black Ano-AnoTuff).

I'd really like to get your feed-back on the tuck because I really kept safety, durability, and functionality in mind when tucking. I came up with a location and custom bends to KEEP the heat as well.

I'm not computer savy and have a bunch of pics on my cell that I would love to share with you all, but I don't know how to attach them here... Any help and I'll gladly give you some pics to drool over.
By teal_dx
#352368 Welcome to the forum!

I'd like to see your work :thumb:
There are a couple tutorials on hosting/posting pice in the newbie section. Or if those aren't an option for you, I can always host pics for you guys. PM me or email me.
By modmonte
#352389 Here is a pic of the bay before tucking.
[/img]http://s172.photobucket.com/user/modmonte/media/20150222_1548501_zpsmhwn4oyb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

Just Trying first I'll do another post after I make sure this pic is up.
By modmonte
#352390 Can anyone see the pic? I can't when I view my own post. This sucks, I can work on cars all day but cant figure out how to post a pic. Sorry.
By EconoBox
#352392 Here you go.

At the top of your picture on photobucket there is a row of gray circles one has a little box with and arrow coming out of it. On mouse over it says "Share to other service" click on that and when the pop-up menu shows up just copy the code in the box that is labeled IMG into your post here. It will come up just like this. :thumb:

BTW even though its blurry I can tell the bay is cleaned up quite a bit. Look forward to seeing some more pictures!
By modmonte
#352395 Ok so with your help I think I got this.

Below is one of the prop valve in OEM Spot:
[Image][/img]
By modmonte
#352396 New Prop Valve Location w/ a few lines done below:
[Image]

More Lines Twisted Up Below:
[Image]

Lines to Pass Side:
[Image]

Line from pass side to brake hose line:
[Image]

Master Lines Started:
[Image]

Master Lines Finished (Rear Lines can be seen to by subframe):
[Image]

Whatcha guys think????
By modmonte
#352397 Also big shout out to Teal_DX. Thanks for all of your prompt help!
By modmonte
#352561 Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone has checked out my brake tuck work? I'd really appreciate any thoughts or feedback on it as it took me about a solid week to get done. Working with the stainless steels lines was pretty difficult and I put a lot of time into it.

I am planning on fixing the line that looks like a hook in the 3rd pic. I don't really care for how that one turned out, but hey it fits it ships.

Thanks
By egsedanguy
modmonte wrote:Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone has checked out my brake tuck work? I'd really appreciate any thoughts or feedback on it as it took me about a solid week to get done. Working with the stainless steels lines was pretty difficult and I put a lot of time into it.

I am planning on fixing the line that looks like a hook in the 3rd pic. I don't really care for how that one turned out, but hey it fits it ships.

Thanks

Not sure what your asking. Are you simply wanting people to just say good work? I mean it looks good but every tuck is different. What you have done is what worked for you. Have you tested it yet? If not then how can we say what would be better to do different or not?
By modmonte
#352573 Lol thats funny. No I'm not looking for a pat on the back by any means, I get enough of those during the race season. I was just looking for thoughts from others who may have done the same with their eg's. Pro/Cons/random thoughts or a "hey I did that too and didn't like....this or that" I haven't worked on a Honda for about 10 years and figured I'd start working on this dust collector.

Every line has been individually pressure tested, and then pressurized & leak down tested with break fluid in the system. I'm taking everything back apart to clean it all out again and paint the engine bay. Then I'll put it all back together and seal the threads/fittings.

Thanks,