Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By vince72310
#351392 i have a 95 civic dx hatch and i wanna big break upgrade, at the track some guy was telling me something about mini cooper rotors? and ITR something he said it would be a huge break upgrade and itll go straight onto my car. i was really interested and i wanna know if anyone else has heard of this, can you shed some light onto this topic and add any info thanks, PS he said these will be for the front brakes and the back breaks do a GSR disc brake conversion which i plan on doing soon
By juls1488
#351393 mini cooper s rotors and 98 spec itr calipers and brackets. bolts right on and gives you 11" front brakes. youll also need a 15/16th or 1" brake master cylinder as well otherwise youll have really poor pedal feel.

theres tons of info on this on sites like hondatech and d-series.org
By vince72310
#351394 will the 15/16th or 1" brake master cylinder be off the itr as well? im curious they sell the mini cooper rotors and itr calipers and brackets at autozone? i would think they would lol also what year is the mini cooper?
By juls1488
#351395 Use the itr 1" cylinder, but then you'll have to rebend a brake line for it to fit, and you'll have to use the itr brake booster as well.
For the 15/16th" cylinder use one from a 1991 civic ex sedan. Bolts right up with no modifications. Works juts as good as the 1"
By vince72310
#351396 thanks bro!! so basically ill need

1. Mini Cooper S Rotors (Year?)
2. 98 ITR Calipers & Brackets
3. 15/16th Brake Master Cylinder 91 Civic Ex Sedan

anything else i am forgetting or need? any information for installing? thanks
By vince72310
#351399 Thanks a lot bro! I'll add the knuckles to my list as well. You helped a lot hopefully I can get this upgrade done soon :thumb: if there's anything else I need to know feel free to comment. This seems pretty simple and straight foward just unbolting old brake stuff and bolt on new brake system. No modifications as of yet
By juls1488
#351400 Pretty much. Its also a good time since you'll need different knuckles to get new wheel hubs and bearings and lower ball joints.
When I did mine I also installed extended wheel studs and stainless brake lines.
By vince72310
#351437 ok youve been alot of help :thumb: so here is my list

1. Mini Cooper S Rotors
2. 98 ITR Calipers and Brackets
3. 91 Civic EX Sedan 15/16th Brake Master Cylinder
4. 92-95 Civic EX Knuckles
5. 95 Civic DX Wheel Hubs, Bearings, Balljoints
6. New Brake Lines Front and Rear

most likely ill buy each piece separate and hopefully get this done soon, im gonna do the GSR disc brake conversion for the rear first since i need new brakes and i hate doing drum brakes :lol: