Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By ODST_EG
#348628 So im almost done collecting the parts I need for my full brake system conversion and I came across this guy on the integra forums that swapped his gsr calipers with Integra Type R calipers and is running them with the mini cooper rotors on his integra. Now if I am doing the Gsr swap on my EG wont the Type R just fit the same way since I am using all the Integra parts anyways? Has anyone done this with their EG?

Like i said in my build thread imma come out with this huge DIY so everyone can do the things no one else dared to try cuz there wasnt a DIY or a proper DIY available. Just takin me some time cuz of funds. Anyways, if someone has done this with their EG or tried to and failed lemme know. :wink:
By juls1488
#348637 yes, the type r calipers should fit. gsr front rotors are 10.2" with a 4x100pcd, and the type-R rotors are 11.1" with a 5x114.3 pcd. mini cooper S rotors 11.0" with a 4x100pcd. so yes, you can do that provided you use the right calipers and caliper mounting brackets.
type-r integra calipers are stamped with the code "17CL15VN" and can be found on a ton of hondas, not just the type-r. the 97-01 ITR, 97-99 CL V6, 91-95 legend, 96-98 rl, 95-98 tl, 92-94 vigor, 95-02 accord v6, 91-97 accord wagon, 97-01 crv, 95-01 odyssey, 92-96 prelude vtec & 97-01 prelude all use this caliper. its usually cheaper to buy them for a model other then the type r even though its the same caliper.
the bracket your gonna want is the 23t bracket, which is found on the preludes and the type-r integras. most of the other cars that use the caliper have a 25t bracket which is too big for the mini cooper rotors.
also, with the 11" front rotors, youll need a better brake master cylinder then the civic has stock. you'd have to use either a 15/16th" master cylinder from a 92 civic ex sedan, or a 1" master cylinder from an integra type r or prelude vtec, which requires changing one of the fittings on the brake hardline to fit.
im using a similar setup, but since i have a 4x114 bolt pattern i am just using 96 prelude vtec rotors.
By ODST_EG
juls1488 wrote:yes, the type r calipers should fit. gsr front rotors are 10.2" with a 4x100pcd, and the type-R rotors are 11.1" with a 5x114.3 pcd. mini cooper S rotors 11.0" with a 4x100pcd. so yes, you can do that provided you use the right calipers and caliper mounting brackets.
type-r integra calipers are stamped with the code "17CL15VN" and can be found on a ton of hondas, not just the type-r. the 97-01 ITR, 97-99 CL V6, 91-95 legend, 96-98 rl, 95-98 tl, 92-94 vigor, 95-02 accord v6, 91-97 accord wagon, 97-01 crv, 95-01 odyssey, 92-96 prelude vtec & 97-01 prelude all use this caliper. its usually cheaper to buy them for a model other then the type r even though its the same caliper.
the bracket your gonna want is the 23t bracket, which is found on the preludes and the type-r integras. most of the other cars that use the caliper have a 25t bracket which is too big for the mini cooper rotors.
also, with the 11" front rotors, youll need a better brake master cylinder then the civic has stock. you'd have to use either a 15/16th" master cylinder from a 92 civic ex sedan, or a 1" master cylinder from an integra type r or prelude vtec, which requires changing one of the fittings on the brake hardline to fit.
im using a similar setup, but since i have a 4x114 bolt pattern i am just using 96 prelude vtec rotors.

Awesome thanks man! I was gonna buy a set of Type R calipers for $80 bux but imma just do that now, might be way cheaper for me to get some from the junk yard. Are the brackets stamped with their code as well? Im swaping out my civics spindle hubs for a 96 Integra spindle hubs too. I have the 15/16 MC and a 40/40 prop valve. I am planning to do a whole brake system swap so I have pretty much everything but the front of the car stuff. Seriously though, thank you for sharing that information, its really gonna help my build.
By ODST_EG
juls1488 wrote:Yes. The 99v6 accord had 23t brackets.

I just got my 99 accord calipers and 23t brackets for 60 shipped so Im a happy camper. I just need to get the mini cooper S rotors and the front brake lines and I should be set.

should I just get the integra front brake lines or the ones from an actual 99 accord???