Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Gimme Wafflez
#347175 Hey guys. I've noticed for awhile now that whenever i'm at a stop sign or stop light my brake pedal will slowly sink to the floor and I will regain pressure by pumping the pedal a few times, but it will sink again right after. It seems worse when the car is warmed up or on hotter days. I wanna say it's a bad brake master cylinder but I've read the how to's on checking brakes and my car passes those tests. My brakes don't feel as responsive as they should and it seems like it's harder to bring my car to a stop.

It's probably been asked a million times and i've done some searching and reading but I want a thread I can ask more questions and update as I find solutions to maybe help people with similar problems.

also, my brake pads and rotors are farely new, definitely not needing a change yet.
By Leppy
#347176 Might have an air bubble in the brake fluid. Bleed the fluid and see if it firms it back up.
By Gimme Wafflez
#347179 me and a buddy bled the brakes multiple times, never allowing the brake fluid to run low or anything. i was getting an even flow from the bleeder valves. I haven't noticed any brake fluid under my car either.
By Gimme Wafflez
#347197 i check it periodically and the fluid level isn't moving.
By Leppy
Gimme Wafflez wrote:i check it periodically and the fluid level isn't moving.

sounds like a small pressure leak. Maybe it's something as stupid as the seal on your reservoir cap? Go over the whole thing with a fine tooth comb.
By Gimme Wafflez
Leppy wrote:
Gimme Wafflez wrote:i check it periodically and the fluid level isn't moving.

sounds like a small pressure leak. Maybe it's something as stupid as the seal on your reservoir cap? Go over the whole thing with a fine tooth comb.

This might sound insane, but on the resevoir cap it has an arrow that says front, which I'm assuming means it should face the front of the car when screwed on correctly. I can never get it to face front and screw on properly. don't assume this has anything to do with my problem. I'm gonna check my brake lines really good soon and if nothing I'll just change my brake master.
By tom023
#347219 Also have a look at the junction (not sure of the name) near the reservoir that all the brake lines go into. Mine was weeping slightly causing my pedal to slowly drop. Pressing down hard or pumping the pedal while someone is inspecting the junction should tell you if it is at fault.