Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Gorveatt
#37444 Is there different size's of drums for the EG's between the sedan, coupe and hatch? does the DX and CX have different sizes?

I replaced my rear drums, and shoes yesterday, the Drums are 7" the shoes we had no problem getting, but we called CarQuest, they sent 8" drums, called Napa, they sent 8" drums, and when we called CarQuest again we had to get them to measure the drum to make sure they were 7" drums, third time was a charm cause we made them measure... :x took 10 minutes to replace the shoes and 3 hours to get the proper drums :thumbdown: ... so yeah... why did they send the wrong drums if there is only supposed to be one size rear drum?
By asianrob
#37446 yea theres a difference between trims
i think LX sedans and EX coupes with rear drums had the bigger size drums and the CX/DX/VX had the smaller drums dont quote me on that i think thats how it was
By Gorveatt
#37448 well we told both places "93 civic, 3dr, 1.5L, cx" and they both sent the wrong ones :?
By asianrob
#37449 i dunno but you should just get rid of drums for some discs lol
By Project_EG6
DC4rob wrote:i dunno but you should just get rid of drums for some discs lol

X2. You should get get rear discs Tim.
By Gorveatt
#37473 If i didn't have other things planned at the moment and i had the swap parts readily available i would have. My stepbrother would be pissed if i did, lol cause i get him to do work on my car from time to time, and he hates rear disks :lol:
By Greasedmonkey
#37479 Yea, you should just really swap on some rear discs. It will make things soo much easier.