Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By gtstripes
#333952 Howdy everyone!

I know this has been covered more than enough times. But to help clear things up do i need to change my prop valve (currently 3040) to a 4040 when i convert to rear discs??

Reason why im asking is because i read on so many threads that it IS required.. Then suddenly its NOT required lol..

Thanks in advance :thumb:
By Ajax1989
#333955 YES, change it, but you don't need too

the reason for swapping to rear disc is for better braking correct?
so you would wanna swap out the prop valve to a 40/40

if not swapping it out, doing a rear disc swap is pointless,
a 30/40 would work, but not to the rear disc full potential

the purpose of the prop valve is to distribute the braking force
between the front and the rear.. so now that you gonna have rear disc
you want more braking power to the rear, this is the reason why you swap it out...

regardless what you have drum, or disc, the front will always do most of the braking

edit: you sure its a 30/40.. iirc the stock eg ones were 60/30
By gtstripes
AjG20 wrote:YES, change it, but you don't need too

the reason for swapping to rear disc is for better braking correct?
so you would wanna swap out the prop valve to a 40/40

if not swapping it out, doing a rear disc swap is pointless,
a 30/40 would work, but not to the rear disc full potential

the purpose of the prop valve is to distribute the braking force
between the front and the rear.. so now that you gonna have rear disc
you want more braking power to the rear, this is the reason why you swap it out...

regardless what you have drum, or disc, the front will always do most of the braking

edit: you sure its a 30/40.. iirc the stock eg ones were 60/30

Thanks for clearing that up for me :) and nah i definitly have a 30/40.
Wierd thing is there was a 30/40 on the si hatchback it came off :/ lol
By CopyLifted
#333969 My '95 DX coupe had/has a 30/30. I swapped to discs in the rear and didn't change it out and it feels fine.

I have heard that if you already have a 30/30, swapping to a 40/40 results in no noticeable difference. I wouldn't know though as I just retained the original 30/30.
By TrailerTrash
#333973 im guessing that the 30/30 would be just as good as a 40/40 because it splits the power evenly?

again just guessing
By hoolio
#339243 seen this and thought I would ask aswell without starting a new topic , I need a non abs prop valve for my conversion what uk model civic do I get it from and I want a non abs type

cheers hoolio
By Ajax1989
#339244 any non abs with rear disc civic or intergra
By hoolio
#339245 ok cool but iv never delved into anything reguarding mechanical stuff so what year cars will I be looking for? when was abs introduced and in what models so I can avoid getting the wrong one?? there are no pics of such items anywhere so cant compare iseem to be going round and round in circles with this

thankyou :)
By Ajax1989
#339265 90-01 integra non abs

92-00 civic non abs w/ rear disc
By Graham
#339283 Uk models are either an esi or vti but both can have abs if theyre a later spec car. There's plenty of imports or integras that have the same prop valve