Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By wolfman93
#330993 How hard is it to replace the bushing on trailing arms? Can I transfer one off old arm to new one?
By asianrob
#331021 shouldnt be to hard. i would just go and get a brand new one. they shouldnt be more than 125$

they have a tool at honda for that but any shop with some knowledge and a press can do it. but beware you can bend the trailing arm it self..
By HeikDiesel
#331027 You can hammer them out and hammer them in. Super easy Just make sure that you index how the old ones came out and hammer the new ones in at the same angle
By wolfman93
#331039 Bad thing is the only part left of old one in my disc brake trailing arms is the metal ring on the very outside of bushing. So how should I do this?
By HeikDiesel
#331042 Hammer out the steel ring and buy a set of Hardrace bushings and hammer the new ones in and off you go
By brandoff88
#338295 just found this thread but heik your making it sound suppppper simple lol if you have done it a few times maybe, but im scared lol.
By rustyrex
#338299 I used a hacksaw blade with a duck tape handle to but that metal ring out. You have less of a chance to mess up the trailing arm that way. You can hammer them in with a big sledge hammer and a spacer or use a torch to heat up the trailing arm a little bit and slide the new bushing in then wait for the arm to cool or quench it with water.
By HeikDiesel
brandoff88 wrote:just found this thread but heik your making it sound suppppper simple lol if you have done it a few times maybe, but im scared lol.

It is super easy. It look me 2 wacks with a hammer to get them out and then I just hit the inside of arm with a flapper wheel to clean the surface up and hammered them in.
By Virux
#338379 Energy Suspension ones don't come with the ring, so you have to do some trickery to get the rubber bushing into the OEM cuff. I was tempted to do that since E.S. bushings are long lasting and cheap but it just sounds like a huge hassle. If you do decide to go E.S., remember the black versions have graphite which helps reduce squeaking opposed to the red. Polyurethane bushings have a reputation of squeaking.

Allegedly, original OEM bushings were soft, years later they realized that and now they produce them in a harder setting. I think they sell them for $35/each at the dealership? Can't remember. If you have a dealership nearby I would check their prices first. The only other two I would recommend is Hardrace or PIC bushings which seem to be the preferred choice, and are assuredly stiffer, but more expensive.

This thread will show you how to measure everything for the job, and YouTube will show you the hammer technique opposed to the press.
By HeikDiesel
#338381 I'd never use ES stuff. If you're doing those I'd go with Hard Race bushings. They are nice stuff for fairly reasonable prices