Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By wolfman93
#330597 What is everyone running when they upgrade brakes? Im gonna do itr 5 lug conversion and use NSX 2 pot calipers and 11.8" rotors all the way around and go with nitto Neo Gen tires 205s

What's your guys opinions? What are you all running?
By wolfman93
#330599 Ok maybe not now. Found out that brake set up is to I heavy.
By TrailerTrash
#330600 too heavy?
By wolfman93
#330602 Was told they were and that I'd have to run an adjustable proportioning valve on brakes and have custom parts made for rear hubs for NSX stuff to work with itr hubs. NSX calipers are roughly 18 pounds a piece.
Last edited by wolfman93 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By wolfman93
#330698 Ok guys do you have to swap out for the ex/si knuckles to run integra brakes on front or will they fit on the stock dx knuckles? I decided that the 17 pound nsx calipers wouldnt be worth it in long run because Im already planning on a weight reduction but yet at the same time I am goin to be stiffening the subframe and floor boards and putting in a cage. But I still wanna be able to stop well since I am also swapping the d15b7 out for a b18c.
By asianrob
#330706 use Legend GS Calipers. they are the same as NSX but are made from aluminum

i have seen this trend with a lot of manufacturers Supra's are same as LS400 but the LS400 are aluminum also..

if you want to stay single piston caliper use 1st gen? odyssey or prelude. they are the as the ITR. and you would still use the 23T bracket iirc.
By bradleyg
wolfman93 wrote:Ok guys do you have to swap out for the ex/si knuckles to run integra brakes on front or will they fit on the stock dx knuckles? I decided that the 17 pound nsx calipers wouldnt be worth it in long run because Im already planning on a weight reduction but yet at the same time I am goin to be stiffening the subframe and floor boards and putting in a cage. But I still wanna be able to stop well since I am also swapping the d15b7 out for a b18c.

Yes you have to swap out the knuckles to either 92-95 civic ex/si or any 94-01 integra. They are exactly the same.
By civicexracer
#330881 Keep it simple... Good pads with really good tires... More than you'll need for any street application.
By wolfman93
#330894 Not just gonna be driven as a daily. I'll be using it in autocross, road racing and daily driving. I'm thinking just upgrade to the abs front knuckles off 92-95 ex/si cuz they are bigger than the ex without abs and do the rear disc conversion and run ep3 brakes out back and upgrade my mc and prop valve. I'll be running 17" Konig feathers with Nitto Neo Gen tires.
By Aldo91
#330896 go with the s2000 calipers and rsx rotors I did that on my previous hatch
By wolfman93
#330897 On front or rear?
By Aldo91
#330898 front. there is also lots of rear upgrades you can do. here look at this thread and the pictures I linked in the first post, It is a ton of reading and meant for ek breaks but our break set ups arent very different and everything from there can fit ours.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=23286&highlight=
By wolfman93
#330899 Ok thanks.I'll read it