Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#330054 ok..so i need some help here people...starting from the beginning...

first off..my master cylinder went bad and started to leak...so i got a new one and a re-manufactured booster since i was going to be right there anyway...after i put it all back together and bled the brakes i had a very low pedal but it still stopped no problem..the pedal was not "spongy" just low..

but then after i was driving for a bit i noticed the pedal got really hard and "high" and it stopped great....but after the car would sit over night and i started the next morning it was "low" again

but this time while i was driving the pedal got very very hard and very "high" and i noticed my driver front caliper was locked up and not disengaging

so i replaced the caliper and thought it was all over with and fixed...turned out the pedal was still weird and my brakes were still getting "stuck"...so i thought my proportioning valve went bad so i replaced that as well...but still have the same problem :x :x :? :?

i have a simple question before any one answers this post..i put the booster upside down like i see some people do to hide the vacuum hose...could that have anything to do with it?? or do you think i got a defective brake booster??? i hope someone can help me!!! thanks in advance
By asianrob
#330061 might try to flip it and see what happens? did you pre-bleed the the master before putting it on?

it could be defective you never know. did you bleed the system properly?
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
asianrob wrote:might try to flip it and see what happens? did you pre-bleed the the master before putting it on?

it could be defective you never know. did you bleed the system properly?

i pre bled the master and bled the system properly...my guess is the booster is bad or it needs to be right side up..but im pretty sure the booster shouldnt matter what way its on as long as the master bolts on properly
By asianrob
#330077 true. any vac lines outta place or check valve backwards?
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
asianrob wrote:true. any vac lines outta place or check valve backwards?

im pretty sure check valve is the right way..has the arrow and "E" flowing to the engine
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#330146 so i changed the brake booster today and still have a problem :x :x :x :x at this point im driving without power brakes..because if i have the booster hooked up my brakes are so tight and locked up i cant even get the car to move...

does any one know if the brake check valve is also a regulator?? im thinking the booster is getting TOO much vacuum and might be the reason it gets so hard when i am driving

any thaughts???
By MG6
#330180 Could your brake caliper not working correctly?
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
MG6 wrote:Could your brake caliper not working correctly?

no its not the calipers because its all of my brakes...and the 2 rears are brand new....

but i think i found the problem..the rod on the booster is a little to long and is pushing on the master cylinder even when my peddal is depressed...and i took a closer look at the peddal adjustment and realised the the rod is threaded on both sides...not just where it connects to the pedal..so i will try and adjust that tomorrow....
sorry if this doesnt make sense to some of you but i find it hard to explain with out being able to physically showing you :lol: :lol:

i will do the adjustment tomorrow and hopefully all will be good :thumb: