Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By enzoferrari
#323568 Hi
I have a JDM 1992 Civic Si 4-door sedan which has stock front and rear disks. The master cylinder and the proportioning valve is changed and I'm not sure that they are the original specs.
Which proportioning valve is the original spec? 3030 or 3040?
Which master cylinder size is the original spec?
By EJ1_MK
#324492 should be 40 40 on the prop and the master on a 4 dr would be at least a 7/8 but depending on how it is attached to the booster it could be completely different can you post pics of the Master and booster on the car? front and both sides?
By enzoferrari
#324540 I think the OEM prop valve spec is 3040 because only 3040 prop valves have brackets whit 3 bolts and my car has 3 bolts for the prop valve. Also, 4-door sedans have more weight transfer to the front at heavy brakes and it needs more pressure and fluid in the front at heavy brakes. So, I think that it should be a 3040 prop valve, not a 3030 or a 4040. Anyone sure about this?

Note that my car is a JDM 1992 Civic Si 4-door sedan with stock front and rear disks. The master cylinder is changed but I don't know with which spec. I will take some pictures from the MC. Where can I upload the pictures?
By EJ1_MK
#324555 The coupe and 4 Dr weights are about the same. If you look where the four lines are on the prop valve it should be stamped inear the split. The coiled mostly came with 3030 and had drums. Out 4 Dr models that had disc mostly came with abs
By blk92hb
#324565 i dont know if there is a difference between the 4dr and hatches but i just replaced mine and it was a 3040.
By enzoferrari
#324616 I changed the prop valve and put a 3040 and flushed the whole brake system and bled it with DOT4 fluid. I tested the brakes and I saw a big improvement in brake force and a little improvement in brake pedal feel.
The previous prop valve was a 4040 and had 2-hole bracket and was not bolted right because of the difference in direction of inlets and outlets of the valve. I think that the valve was for a right hand side car.
I'm not sure that now the brakes are at the best condition but I feel a good improvement in brake force and pedal feel.
I've not checked the MC yet and I'll do it as soon as possible.
By Apexracing
blk92hb wrote:i dont know if there is a difference between the 4dr and hatches but i just replaced mine and it was a 3040.

hatches dont come with the same size front brakes that the coupes, sedans do. Also only the si comes in rear disc. And the ex sedans had rear discs. Not all but most should. Any car with rear disc should have the 40/40. Main difference in what your prop valve looks like is weather or not you have abs obviously. But you should have the 15/16 master and the dual diaphragm booster.
By bks84
enzoferrari wrote:I changed the prop valve and put a 3040 and flushed the whole brake system and bled it with DOT4 fluid. I tested the brakes and I saw a big improvement in brake force and a little improvement in brake pedal feel.
The previous prop valve was a 4040 and had 2-hole bracket and was not bolted right because of the difference in direction of inlets and outlets of the valve. I think that the valve was for a right hand side car.
I'm not sure that now the brakes are at the best condition but I feel a good improvement in brake force and pedal feel.
I've not checked the MC yet and I'll do it as soon as possible.

chances are the prop valve that was in the car was from a 90-93 Integra (AKA - DA9). I used a DA prop valve when I switched from drums to disc and it too had a two bolt bracket that didnt line up on the firewall.

I really doubt that there would be a different prop valve for a RHD car vs. a LHD car.