Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By juls1488
#322359 So I have the 1996 ITR 4x114.3 conversion on my car, I love it, but I'm tired of having to order rear rotors off the internet, and having them take about 4 weeks to get here, since none of the machine shops around me ( all two of them) will redrill integra rotors to 4x114. :thumbdown:

So kinda like using EP3 rotors with RSX caliper brackets and pads in this thread, I'm gonna use the 94 Accord EX rear rotors, RSX caliper brackets with my 96 ITR calipers, and RSX pads. I'll eventually find some 98+ ITR calipers, but I'm not in a hurry for that.
I've tried searching for anything on this, but I've come up with nothing for the rear rotors on the 4x114.3 setup. :?

My question is will I run into any weirdness having 10.3in brakes in the front, with 10.2in brakes in the rear? I'm using a 15/16th 91 Civic EX master cylinder and a 40/40 prop valve.
Last edited by juls1488 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By juls1488
#322441 No love for the 4x114 huh? :lol:
Brackets get here tomorrow, and I've got the day off on Thursday so I'll swap em out then.
I don't think I'll run into any issues, since it's pretty much the same as putting discs on the rear with stock DX fronts. I'll let you all know how it goes.
By teal_dx
#322443 I don't have an answer for you but if your braking is too strong in the rear, you can always fine tune with an adj proportioning valve: https://www.google.com/#q=adjustable+pr ... 50&bih=772
By juls1488
#322561 the brackets showed today, a bit later than i thought, off to grab the rotors and pads after i click submit. gonna install em on saturday morning, and impressions after that. oh, and pictures too!
By Laziz
#322689 Hey, friend! Are 15/16th master cylinder and a 40/40 prop valve enough for braking?
I'm looking for ways to install the same setup from MC2, but I was told to use braking master cylinder and servo from Prelude.
By juls1488
Laziz wrote:Hey, friend! Are 15/16th master cylinder and a 40/40 prop valve enough for braking?
I'm looking for ways to install the same setup from MC2, but I was told to use braking master cylinder and servo from Prelude.

not too familiar with the mc2, but i think its the 5 door with the b18c4 motor right?
if it is then the 15/16th master cylinder and the 40/40 prop valve should be fine, since it will have brakes at least as good as an LS integra, which has the same brakes(but different bolt pattern) as the 96 ITR, and the master cylinder and prop valve from the Integra are similar to the ones that i'm using.
maybe teal has something to add?
By juls1488
#322792 not installed yet. when i was tearing everything down i was having a hell of a time getting the driver's side rear caliper to compress, even with the tool you can borrow from autozone. called up my neighbor, who repairs tractors, and he came over.
4 hours later we decided the caliper is pretty much shot. :thumbdown:
parts stores are closed today, being Christmas and all, but tomorrow going to order me the 98+ spec rear calipers!
more updates to come!
By juls1488
#322832 bad luck strikes again. sorta. the 1998 Type R rear calipers are on indefinite back order. :thumbdown:
no big though, just ordered some 2004 RSX base model rears calipers. they have the same number stamped on em as the 98 ITR calipers, "9CLP14S" even though the caliper bodies are different. :?
all good, since there is plenty of info out there about people using the RSX calipers with great success.
Calipers should be the local parts store (Autozone) in the morning provided the snow doesn't fuck up the delivery. :lol:
install should happen on saturday, and I'll take pictures in case anyone with the 4x114.3 setup also wants bigger rear brakes :thumb:
By juls1488
#323177 ok, everything is installed.
old 9" rotor:
the new stuff:
DOn't have a drivers side pic, or any of the install pics since my phone died while i was working on it. oops.
got the passenger side though:
So far the stopping distance seems the same, havent really noticed anything yet. But they do look pretty sweet. :thumb:
By juls1488
#323672 been driving for about a week with it. some updates on how it drives, it feels like it takes less pressure on the pedal to get it to stop sooner, and stops way quicker if i brake hard. that might just be the 15/16th master cylinder, but regardless it still brakes great.
all in all, totally worth it.
and the 10 in rotors look sweet tucked behind my 14in meshes. :thumb: