Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By a4m1r
#35450 hi guys am new to this forum and want to learn how to upgrade my brakes, ive seen the parts list but anyone got any information/websites that could show how to actualy change the brakes, i know am abit dumb but i have to start some where. thanks
By vtec_gloucester
#35457 have a look in the "how to" section. im not sure if anyone has covered brakes yet though.

orrrrr..... try:

hondatech OR civicsportsclub.net

they have some good "how to's" on them.
By vtec_gloucester
#35459 sorry, me again. lol

you could just ask one us some questions on it... alot of us have done brake up-grades. i have.

what is it exactly you want to know?
By Ej2-B16a
#35472 Are you trying to install better calipers? or your just trying to change your brake pads?

Or are you trying to go all out and getting a bigger master, calipers, lines and all that :?
By Graham
#35495 If youre needing a hand im in the middle of swapping my EG4 brakes to EG6 ones and various other parts

Have a read at the parts list first, make sure you know what you need and then go from there!
By york62
a4m1r wrote:hi guys am new to this forum and want to learn how to upgrade my brakes, ive seen the parts list but anyone got any information/websites that could show how to actualy change the brakes, i know am abit dumb but i have to start some where. thanks

There your getting lots of help!
By asianrob
Ej2-B16a wrote:Are you trying to install better calipers? or your just trying to change your brake pads?

Or are you trying to go all out and getting a bigger master, calipers, lines and all that :?

dont listen to this guy or your whole e-bay will be blue!! haha j/k.... but seriously :lol:
By york62
DC4rob wrote: haha j/k.... but seriously :lol:

haha made my night!
By Ej2-B16a
#35600 Real funny :thumb:
By a4m1r
#35982 d4mn this is the most helpful forum ive ever used, sorry i forgot about my post, well the other day i smashed my car due to the brakes not performing/stopping!, cars not bad but i want to improve the brakes, i have a jdm d15b sohc vtec, whats a cheap but an effective upgrade, the rear are drums/front disc. any help with how to actualy do it, i want to learn instead of just splashing cash out! thanks
By asianrob
#35996 stock brakes off 94-01 integra or 92-95 Civic EX/si they are 10.3 some argue that the EX's are a little smaller but when i compared rotors to my Si and my LX-ABS they were the same size to my integra rotors all you need is the front spindles

for rear brakes 90-01 integra works with trailing arms and LCA's tooor obvious 92-95 Civic with rear disc's del sol with rear disc's, i think 99-00 Si's will work if you use EG LCA's
By LowTEC-Derbo
DC4rob wrote:stock brakes off 94-01 integra or 92-95 Civic EX/si they are 10.3 some argue that the EX's are a little smaller but when i compared rotors to my Si and my LX-ABS they were the same size to my integra rotors all you need is the front spindles

for rear brakes 90-01 integra works with trailing arms and LCA's tooor obvious 92-95 Civic with rear disc's del sol with rear disc's, i think 99-00 Si's will work if you use EG LCA's

EX calipers are smaller, but the same rotor size as integras. Just look at the Brembo blank replacement catalog it shows the same part number for the rotors but differetnt for the pads.. :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#36780 The 92-93 Si/EX have the smaller 9.5 inch front brakes. the later 94-95 with abs has the bigger 10.3 inchers.

Your best bet would to just get the whole set up from a 94-01 integra. along with the e brake cables.
By asianrob
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:
DC4rob wrote:stock brakes off 94-01 integra or 92-95 Civic EX/si they are 10.3 some argue that the EX's are a little smaller but when i compared rotors to my Si and my LX-ABS they were the same size to my integra rotors all you need is the front spindles

EX calipers are smaller, but the same rotor size as integras. Just look at the Brembo blank replacement catalog it shows the same part number for the rotors but differetnt for the pads.. :thumb:

i used the EX brake pads for a 94 Si on my CX and it worked
By yashep
Greasedmonkey wrote:The 92-93 Si/EX have the smaller 9.5 inch front brakes. the later 94-95 with abs has the bigger 10.3 inchers.

Your best bet would to just get the whole set up from a 94-01 integra. along with the e brake cables.

This is true, i change all four corners and when i was going to put the front disk the rotor didn't fit, it was to big.