Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By iroccu
#320248 Hey guys, I tried to research on here but all i found was the GSR conversion and im not sure if its the same. I just bought a really clean 93 DX hatch and already have a 93 Si hatch. Well the Si, although it runs and is rust-free, has too many electrical problems i don't want to mess with it. So i planned on just getting rid of it. Im just curious how much work is it to swap out the rear disc to my DX? Thanks in advanced :thumb:
By blk92hb
#320252 its not hard at all. there is a diy in the diy section. what exactly wrong with the si
By iroccu
#320264 Thanks man! Well i bought the Si just cuz it ran and it was rust-free but after having it for couple years now I keep finding more and more shit that the douchebag that owned before me did. I knew it was gonna need some work but its just getting old. I bought it with a dented up hood, cracked front bumper, no radio, and alot exhaust fumes inside the car. I figured I could fix all those things. So i bought a new hood, new bumper cover, then replaced the cat-back, and attempted to put a radio in. Well i still get fumes (I'm assuming its a leak from the Ebay header that the dude put on) and couldnt put a radio in cause the dude hacked up the dash harness the guage cluster is all that works. The wipers work on one setting which is the fastest setting and they stop where ever they are when you turn them off. So i figured i would buy a harness. I bought an EX coupe harness. Its the cabin forward. I even bought the power doors from the same car. Now that i moved i dont have a place to all this work nor do i have the interest anymore. There is also other little things about the car that i dont like that i would have to change. The dash rattles like hell so im sure it was out at one time and not reinstalled properly. It rides like there is no suspension cause of the no name brand coilovers that the dude put on it. Plus i dont like the Milano Red (which i planned on getting painted black once i put the new hood, front cover, and doors on).
Well the DX i bought is already black (with a brand new paint job) And it runs and rides nice. Anything i would do to it will be easy. It needs nothing major. Eventually i want to get it a K-series but i will pay to get that done down the road sometime. The only thing im gonna miss is the sunroof cuz out all the problems the Si had, the damn sunroof worked fine. :?
By blk92hb
#320266 yea that sounds like alot, and your lucky i got a blk si but it has rust and the sunroof dont work right i have to put pressure on it just so it will slide back and forth.

with any lowering springs you have to match the shocks with the springs, alot of people want to put lowering springs on stock shock. but when you do that you bottom out the shock and thats why it runs like crap, plus the spring rates are unknown. help your self out and do some research on the suspension.

when i got my si the last owner tryed to put rear speakers in but he used an extension cord to run power to the speakers.