Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By gtstripes
#318839 is it a click every 1-3m? like if your rolling 3km/h almost to a stop u can feel it like a tap tap tap?
By FG2_Andrew
#318849 Lets say the wheel is at 12 o'clock.

Every rotation, from 12-12 there's a "chh".

So depending on how fast I'm going is how constant it is.
By brandoff88
#318868 i dont know if you covered this but is your rotor straight, i had a freind whos rotor was ever so slightly bent and his pad would catch every rotation, kinda like the "tch tch tch" sound your describing, if you havent checked maybe take it to a les schwaub and see if they can look at it?

edit: he also thought wheel bearing, but went in and they said his rotor was warped.
By FG2_Andrew
#318869 ^ :thumb:

to be honest, never would have thought about the rotor being warped at all. only looked at imperfections on the face. will peel the wheels off this weekend (weather pending) and see what i can find.
By brandoff88
#318871 glad to add some insight, like i said even the slightest bend in them cuase weird noises...i think his was from hitting a curb on the ice but still you never know...hope you figure it out man...thats got to be annoying
By FG2_Andrew
#318876 its weird because after a couple thousand driving on the same rotors it started. but you never know?
By FG2_Andrew
#319986 just a quick update:

i have an appointment at a shop tomorrow. still don't have a diagnosis, hopefully tomorrow though, they can get down and dirty and help me figure this noise out!

so, i may come back tomorrow with new brakes, new calipers, new wheel bearings, who knows!
By FG2_Andrew
#320065 took my car into Monro Muffler & Service today.

they found a clip/line that i had missed that was tapping the axle. i have not driven the car since being in the shop so it is unknown if that 100% fixed the issue. so i will update once i've driven for a while.

they also found my axles were going bad (which i knew about, waiting to swap the trans) and my ball joints were going out.. which is fine by me, so i can pick up the Buddy Club P1 front and rear camber kits!! :lol:

they are also bending my exhaust hangers so it fits better into the channel and heating/bending my header to correspond with the issue of poor fitment from the header.
By teal_dx
they found a clip/line that i had missed that was tapping the axle.

:thumb:
It's always some stupid little thing like that that can't be figured out... Hope that was it.