Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By LionHearted1
#315133 Howdy.

I know everything should fit up right, but what I'm wondering if there would be a problem (If any, I'd guess it would come from brake fluid starvation, bigger pump, smaller tank kinda thing) that might cause this to be a bad idea.

While replacing my MC about a year ago, my buddy annihilated the two bolts that connect it to the BB. I was pretty skiddish about messing with my braking system at the time, so I took it to a mechanic. Come to find out the replaced BB is faulty ($600 later, because the BB just HAD to be imported from Miami)

Well, I know putting a 91 EF EX master cylinder in an EG is a really great bolt on upgrade, (The EG8 BB is 13/16, the EF is 15/16th, and the EF also doesnt have ABS, and came with drums) I was wondering if I'd see any kind of performance upgrades to just installing the BB. I'd imagine the fluid would move faster, less play in the brake pedal.

I'm not looking for race car like braking performance, I just figure while I'm replacing the BB anyways, I might as well get the better bang for my buck.

Any one have any experience with this? Or wanna weigh in with a theory?
By teal_dx
LionHearted1 wrote:Howdy.

I know everything should fit up right.....

EF's have a different firewall than EG's. Are you 100% sure it will fit?
By asianrob
#315142 brake booster will not fit brake master cylinder will.
By Apexracing
#315181 Yea you need a civic eg or integra ms 92-2000 i believe. But integra ones are dual diaphragm so braking is firmer as a result. 15/16 and dual diaphragm is the only way to go.
By asianrob
LionHearted1 wrote:Can an Integra BB and MC combo be used if you still have the rear drums?

it will bolt up.

BUT if its NON ABS YOU NEED NON ABS Brake booster and MC
By LionHearted1
it will bolt up.

BUT if its NON ABS YOU NEED NON ABS Brake booster and MC

Yeah, from a 94-97 Integra RS, and only the RS.

Has anyone tried this swap while keeping the drums?

Brakes have always been something I like to learn about secondhand.
Though, it could potentially make the morning commute to work/school more fun.
And terrifying.