Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By leeb18c
#311039 sup guys i purchase a 94ex coupe to finish my hatch :woot: and today i was getting ready to remove the engine and notice the brake line lose not connected were it should be. and this is what i found

left side

rigth side

on one side i have smaller caliper and disk,
left side

rigth side

any suggestion to what to do, should i just find a caliper and rotor from an ex or leave it like that jaja im going to sell this car once i get the engine,dash,and swaybar i dont know about the ac

thankz
By TrailerTrash
#311051 :eh:

looks to me like someone had to replace the whole spindle setup at one point and just went to a junkyard and got the whole thing from an ex and slapped it on there
By leeb18c
TrailerTrash wrote::eh:

looks to me like someone had to replace the whole spindle setup at one point and just went to a junkyard and got the whole thing from an ex and slapped it on there

i know it sucks, (':x') now i need to go 2the junk yard, and find the other side (':lol:') i want this brakes for my cx,
By teal_dx
#311117 If someone half assed that much, it would really make me wonder how hard they crashed into something to do all of that damage and if anything else was half assed. :eh:
Also looks like they lost or snapped off the bottom bolt on the caliper bracket too.

So does your car pull to one side when braking?

I'd at least get the 2 bolts and attach that brake line bracket asap so your brake line isn't riding on the cv boot :thumb:
By leeb18c
#311151 car does not pull to one side but when i hit a bump it feel like its going to fall apart (':lol:') ithe plan was to just get the engine and sell it with my old d15b8
but now i need to fix this mes (':x') shit i didnt notice the its missing a bolt on the caliper, thankz, good thing i dont drive it anymore im getting ready to remove the engine (':woot:')
By TrailerTrash
#311154 maybe they didnt hit anything with it to cause damage maybe it was something like a wheel bearing where it was easier/cheaper for the person to just jerry rig a new spindle setup on there :thumbdown:

id be worried about what else is half assed on the car
By leeb18c
TrailerTrash wrote:maybe they didnt hit anything with it to cause damage maybe it was something like a wheel bearing where it was easier/cheaper for the person to just jerry rig a new spindle setup on there :thumbdown:

id be worried about what else is half assed on the car

i check everything and it looks fine, im going to sell it once i finish
(':lol:')