Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Hopscotchkid
#310909 Alright, So I have a 1992 VX Hatch, It's been running like a champ, and this morning I went to leave my driveway, and as I was backing out, the brake pedal sunk to the floor, It pressurizes itself if the car is off, and I pump it a few times. If the car is on, it sinks directly to the floor, and the car revs higher. It idles around 900rpm, and tachs up to about 1500 with pumping the brake pedal, I assume I have some kind of vacuum leak somewhere, but If you could give me any tips as to what to look for specifically that'd be great. Note: This is the only car I have at the moment, and I can't drive it this way. I have to get it fixed in short order.
By asianrob
#310924 id look at your brake booster to see if that line has any holes or rotted, and see if the check valve is still good. i never seen one go out but there is always a first time for anything.
By Hopscotchkid
#310958 Thanks man, that's what a few other forums have said as well, I'll check those in the morning, as it's currently dark, and rainy.
By asianrob
#311033 sounds good let us know what goes on.

id also check for leakage too btw.
By bks84
#312249 If the line had a hole, the brake pedal would get really hard as if you have manual brakes.

Also, if a hole is present it would idle high no matter what. It would cause a vac leak.

If your pedal pad sinking if invest in a new master cylinder.

Pull your carpet back on the driver side against the firewall and check to see if it is wet with brake fluid.
By jigga36
#312394 ^^^x2 time for a new Master Cylinder
By 1ACarlos
#312518 Let us know how it goes for you.