Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By TattooedFish
#307258 Ok i have been looking for a lot of info online and thought i was good to go but now ive come across so much contradictory information that im looking for what end is up.

I got a 93 Cx Hatchback It came from the owner with what looks to be stock cx (tiny brakes) in the front and rotor conversion done to rear.

I looked over everything best i could I am having problems with brake fade. I am not a novice mechanic and i have bled brakes probalby 50 times before and know how to do it right and i have bled the brakes on this car like 4 times just to make sure I got all the air out of the lines. Im not loosing fluid as far as I can tell. Pretty much I get ready to stop and brakes feel real spongy I pump them up and they get a little better but as I sit they slowly feel like they go down some almost to the floor then i pump them back up and they hold ok. At lights sometimes will notice after holding brakes in stopped position after about 30 or 40 seconds goes by the car starts to move a bit and i push the pedal more and they hold.

Most of the time I rely on manual trans to slow me down more than breaking not really concerned as this is coming out soon anyway for my swap but anyway

Pads look good, Rotors look good, (they are slotted unsure of brand) I am unsure what the rotors on the back came off of they are larger in diameter than the fronts but have a thinner brake pad surface if that makes sense.

Well i had pretty much already decided that when I got the chance I would be upgrading to the biggest brakes I could get my hands on as thats what I did with my 97 coupe I had and loved it.

I ran across a wrecked 94 EX. I took the piece off the firewall the brake lines hooked to (cant remember name)

I took the spindles off with the rotor, calipar, are there any other parts I need to swap out? wasn't sure if I needed the brake cylindar also?

Im planning on picking up some powerslot rotors, Hawk HPS Brake pads and SS braided lines to match my previous setup on my old car.

I was thinking about a few things and what im wondering is i just had new ball joints put on the car,

do I need the spindle the ex brakes are on or can I just use the cx spindle and swap out the calipers?

Did 92-2000 EX models use the same Calipers Rotors?

How can I tell what the Rear Rotor swap came off of?

I was also wondering since im going to be dropping a lil chunk on the rotors, pads i had read the SI and EX used the same Calipers but SI Rotors are larger but this sounds odd to me?

Sorry for 20 questions just trying to get my info straight

Thanks in advance for dealing with my headache.
By EJ1_MK
#307279 Ok first things first sounds like your Master Cylinder is starting to go. It is either that or the booster is not holding vacuum and not allowing it to hold the pressure.

Now the Spindle ? you have to use the EX spindle, the calipers will not be able to bolt up around the larger rotors the VX, CX, DX are all 9" rotors and the SI, EX are 10" rotors. I highly recommend to go ahead and replace all the wheel bearings and ball joints while you have them off, as well as the calipers if you have the cash. Just to be on the safe side.

Now if the back has been swapped to disc already the all you need to know that all rear disc from 88-00 are the same, there is no difference, so you can walk into any parts store and get pads, rotors, calipers off any car that had rear disc. So just get brakes for a 94-00 integra since they all came with rear disc parts stores won't ask questions.

And if you have a prop valve is off a EX it should work as well.

Your upgrade parts sound good for the front.
By TattooedFish
#307371 Ok Cool I did get the prop valve off the ex, I will go get the Master Cylinder tomorrow as well and go ahead and make plans to swap it out as well. I will make me a shopping list tonight for everything I need for the Brakes/Suspension

To verify if I want ss lines on the rear I just order them for a integra and should work?
By EJ1_MK
#307380 Yes you can just order 94-01 ss brake lines they will work all around. That is what I ordered for my coupe.
By mitch6
#307382 sounds like to me your Master Cylinder is no good. Make sure you take the Master Cylinder and Brake Booster that matches the car you took the rear disk swap from. Looks like to me you need a 15/16" Brake Master Cylinder. :thumb:
By dbrooks
#307386 I have an OEM EG Master Cylinder for sale if you want it. $25
By TattooedFish
#307392 i appreciate it but will have to pass for now im still trying to figure out the correct part number for the front hps brake pads. I thought 92-2000 ex / si calipers were the same so im confused why im getting different part numbers for the pads from 92-95 to 96-2000
By EJ1_MK
#307393 There are not you will have to look it up on Hawks website and then order them through the dealer. The spindles are the same but the calipers for what ever reason are different than the SI and the Teg's

here is the part number you need:

Part Number: HB418F.646