Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By EGCiviCKid
#307062 hi there,

i recently purchased a full brake upgrade for my eg4, i have removed every bolt from the rears but...
having problems removing the toe adjusting bolt??
it wont come out!! :x
it seems to be pushing the whole bracket away from the thread?

anyone come accross this problem or any tips/ tricks to get it out would be appreciated :thumb:
By EJ1_MK
teal_dx wrote:I have had issues with rust before... Pb blaster for starters. Let it soak for a while. Then a blowtorch to heat it up if it's still stubborn.

In addition try to move the arm up and down after spraying it with PB. seems to work in my favor quite a bit.
By EJ1_MK
#307142 Are you using air tools?
By Ecc0
#307146 Undo the bolt on the other side of the toe arm and keep the toe arm attached the car I've had this problem many times.
By EGCiviCKid
#307153 no air tools im afraid.... yer ill give that ago ecco, i was just worried that it was flexing too much wen i was trying to undo the other end of the toe arm, but i think it might be the only other option
By bks84
#308441 I had to cut the bolt on remove it in pieces. super-duper pain in the ass
By EGCiviCKid
#308443 I have managed to remove the other end of the arm, however I can seem to get the bitch bolt to thread back in... Is there a nut the other side? Or q thread in the metal somewhere?
By Ecc0
#308445 It's a slide captive nut about an inch in size. You might find that it's moved as you tried to get it out try and get a light up in there to see you can find where it's sitting and check that the thread is ok then position it where you know you'll be able to fit the bolt in properly.
By EGCiviCKid
#309141 OK so i drilled out holes both sides so i could see the nuts
i found one side the side the captive nut had come off however i cant get it to sit back in its slot.
the other side the nut was still on but was spinning in its slot which has been destroyed..... any suggestions?

By Ecc0
#309360 The side that has the nut that spins should be an easy fix of you can take out the old runner and cut to shape a new one that should sort that side.

As for the side where the bolt is still stuck think it's still gonna be best to either keep going at it with wd until you free it or as side before fit the new swing arm from the other side of the toe arm.