Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By familyEGuy23
#306023 So my plans for my rear disk conversion has come to a halt due to this problem

Took my trailing arm to a shop to press in bushings this is the outcome guy said it ripped because of the pressure
He said it won't come out what do you guys think?

This is inside of the arm
By elrompetoto
#306026 U r goo that that wont pop out o and by the way don't ever go 2 that shop agen they don't know what they r doing I did mine and it went on like perfect let me ask i something did u press the old one out
By familyEGuy23
elrompetoto wrote:U r goo that that wont pop out o and by the way don't ever go 2 that shop agen they don't know what they r doing I did mine and it went on like perfect let me ask i something did u press the old one out

So its ok to install?

Only reason I took to a shop was because someone in my parents neighborhood called the fire department when they smelled my bushings burning :thumbdown:

I only gave him one arm because he pressed out the whole thing with the ring which specifically says not to remove. So I told him just press the metal ring ill do the rest
So I did

My work on the other arm

So should I just install or remove and make the so called mechanic repay me for new bushing?
By elrompetoto
#306073 I don't think it will pop out try 2 c if they will pay 4 a new set show them the one u did. At least don't pay them 4 the work. The as moves up and down it has very little travel side 2 side so I think u will be ok. Ur Gona love how stiff ur cars ass is Gona be
By teal_dx
#306122 It looks more like they cut the outer edge to install it easier. If it 'ripped' I don't think it would look like it was cut off with an exacto knife. :eh: Suspicious of this shop...

edit: looked at the pic some more, I suppose it could have ripped.
By familyEGuy23
elrompetoto wrote:I don't think it will pop out try 2 c if they will pay 4 a new set show them the one u did. At least don't pay them 4 the work. The as moves up and down it has very little travel side 2 side so I think u will be ok. Ur Gona love how stiff ur cars ass is Gona be

Yeah it looks stiff well talked to the guy says up front at the shop they're not responsible for aftermarket parts installed into car but after "making him an offer he couldn't refuse" he gave me lifetime warranty and would cover damage to the car if something were too happen so I'm good :thumb:
But I told him all that doesn't matter because my daughters safety is 1st priority and if anything were to happen to her.......
By familyEGuy23
teal_dx wrote:It looks more like they cut the outer edge to install it easier. If it 'ripped' I don't think it would look like it was cut off with an exacto knife. :eh: Suspicious of this shop...

edit: looked at the pic some more, I suppose it could have ripped.

Yeah that's exactly what I told him I'm never going there this was my first time taking something to a shop, DIY FTW!!
What they did in a weekend I did in a few hours :lol: