Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By TeeHizzleNizzle
#297328 I had a pretty bad leak on my master cylinder so me and my brother in law replaced it with a brand new one today. We bled the brakes after installation as well (only front though)

But for some reason my pedal is pretty low, almost to the floor

YES pads are still good

My brother in law thinks it might be because I need a new a new power booster

Does anyone know how I can fix this? :?
Thanks guys!
By EJ1_MK
#297347 Did you bench bleed the master cylinder before you put it on?
By couch_c
#297358 Just to make sure, when you were bleeding it you were also filling the master cylinder at the same time right?
By EJ1_MK
#297359 Well highly doubt that the booster is bad if it did go bad it would make it harder to push the pedal in most cases I would double check and re-bleed the brakes. Make sure to do it from furthest to closest but shouldn't feel squishy. There has to be air in the line somewhere.
By TeeHizzleNizzle
couch_c wrote:Just to make sure, when you were bleeding it you were also filling the master cylinder at the same time right?

what we did was fill the reservoir with new brake fluid, and then stuck the two tubes deep into the bottle of the new brake fluid and then we kept pumping it until there was no bubbles in the tubes.

Could air have gotten back in when we removed the tubes to install it onto the power booster?
By EJ1_MK
#297364 yes I like to hook the lines up and put a towel under the master and crack the master lines until the fluid comes out steady and then bleed the brakes just to make sure. or see if anyone you know has a mighty vac it will make things go so much faster.
By couch_c
TeeHizzleNizzle wrote:
couch_c wrote:Just to make sure, when you were bleeding it you were also filling the master cylinder at the same time right?

what we did was fill the reservoir with new brake fluid, and then stuck the two tubes deep into the bottle of the new brake fluid and then we kept pumping it until there was no bubbles in the tubes.

Could air have gotten back in when we removed the tubes to install it onto the power booster?

If the fluid gets low enough air will get back into the lines, you have to keep adding fluid, and yes air can get back when you removed the lines, make sure the valves are closed, also doesn't hurt to around your car for any leaks, could also be blown brake lines, if not, like EJ1_MK said, rebleed them.
By rootbeer_eg
#297376 We bled the brakes after installation as well :thumbdown: (only front though) :thumbdown:

theres your problem you only did the front brakes start on the passenger side in the rear then drivers side in the rear then passenger side in the fron adn then drivers side in the front and your brakes should work perfectly
By couch_c
rootbeer_eg wrote:We bled the brakes after installation as well :thumbdown: (only front though) :thumbdown:

theres your problem you only did the front brakes start on the passenger side in the rear then drivers side in the rear then passenger side in the fron adn then drivers side in the front and your brakes should work perfectly

Is there really a proper way of bleeding brakes? I've always did rear passenger, to rear drivers, to drivers, to passenger O_o
By 92civic_vx
#297380 most cars you do start from right rear. there is a sequence for all cars.
By rated-EG
#297386 keep bleeding it... belive me theres still air pockets in there
By couch_c
92civic_vx wrote:most cars you do start from right rear. there is a sequence for all cars.

Oh I see, I guess I must be doing it wrong then, and if you decided to do it in a different order? what's the worst that can happen? Just curious.
By radicom56
#298237 here is the bleeding order