Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By Eg6H2D
#281885 OK I was wondering because i see many cars around and most have Slotted rotors and i see them going in either direction..

Do they go like this like on RMWIII front set.. (Sry for taking your pic RMW) lol.

Or like this how i installed them on my car? I dont think i took a pic of them installed but these are my set before i put them on. the black part being the caliper on the passenger side. See how the Slot points into the caliper and RMW III points away from the caliper. Which way is correct?

By Eg6H2D
elrompetoto wrote:i guess that way if u put the slots the other way i think ur brakes can lock up

:? havent locked up yet. the way i have mines i seen on Benz's and Porsche and stuff ..
By Flatland_EG
#282007 I don't think it really matters on the direction or else there would some sort of notice on them, like directional tires.
The slots are used to help release gases that are made under hard or aggressive braking that would otherwise cause buffeting and loss of braking power.
By EJ1_MK
#282346 Oh it matters, mine are on with the slots going the other direction, my rotors came labeled left and right.
By Flatland_EG
#282348 I know I've seen different cars with them going either direction, maybe it's manufacturer specific. IDK :?
By EJ1_MK
#282352 Could be you would think the way he has them is correct because that is the way the wheel spins but hey each company might have their own way.
By Eg6H2D
#283853 I knew i had the picture somewhere. ok are they supposed to look like this or the other way??

By EJ1_MK
#283861 Mine look like that all the way around so I would say yes.